Telescopic pole pruners for commercial use

Clutchy

Hi, just wondering if anyone had much luck with telescopic (4 meter) bypass pruners that don't work on on strings and pulleys (Too slow and very frustrating to use). PFA 

Since using these a couple of years ago, we can't go back to anything else, but the problem is they seem to break in one way or another within 3 months. So currently replacing every 3 months at a cost of around £70 + VAT which isn't too bad but kind of annoying. We use the Fiskar UPX86 mostly but the previous gen was a little better I found.

We found another set on FR Jones 

Which lasted a similar amount of time. Anyone got any recommendations? I appreciate they are probably designed for the domestic market but would be happy to pay £250 a set for something designed for daily commercial use?

1023624-Fiskars-Powergear-2.jpg

You really aren't spolit for choice with these as predominantly they are made for the domestic/man in a van gardener type stuff such as what you have used already. And three months use in a commercial environment is good....paid for itself umpteen times over in that time (or it should have if your pricing is correct) and that is probably 4 or 5 years work its had in that 3 month period. However Pellenc products would be my recommended choice for a commercial user.

17 minutes ago, pleasant said:

And three months use in a commercial environment is good....paid for itself umpteen times over in that time

Yeah, I think you're right. Will just keep buying. 

Just found that the head is replaceable on the fiskars for only £25 so will keep doing that. 

That other company looks good but at 1.5k its just going to get run over and make me mad haha! 

ARS japanese stuff is very good quality

I have a shorter version of this:

WWW.NIWAKI.COM

Telescopic secateurs for getting at those out-of-reach branches. Light weight aluminium arm easily adjusts from 6'...

But for thicker stuff - loppers diameter etc-  I use the wolf garten string pulley pole one ...

Also a tripod ladder to use the pole pruner from if you don't already have...

Edited by Stere

Bahco do one:

Semi-professional Lopping Shears Bahco ATP 230-410 , best deal on AgriEuro

WWW.REDBOXTOOLS.COM

32 mm Top Pruner on Telescopic Pole

Think it will be decent if there loppers are anything to go by....

Im using the ARS one  for alot of stuff  I used to use the wolf for so much less faff like you metion but limited max diameter and less reach.

5 hours ago, Stere said:

Bahco do one:

Semi-professional Lopping Shears Bahco ATP 230-410 , best deal on AgriEuro

WWW.REDBOXTOOLS.COM

32 mm Top Pruner on Telescopic Pole

Think it will be decent if there loppers are anything to go by....

Im using the ARS one  for alot of stuff  I used to use the wolf for so much less faff like you metion but limited max diameter and less reach.

Thank you, just ordered, lets see what its like  🤞 

Wolf or fiskars here, the fiskars have been crap since they took them over from Wilkinson sword. Have replaced the final thin cord in the head before. There's a foreign YouTube video walkthrough. 👍 Also interested in the bahco.

Did try some gardena too they were ok but the head couldn't be locked. So a few times it would move to a poor angle on contact with the growth point 

I know you said you don't want a rope operated one, but have you tried a wolf bypass pruner with the option cord tidy? Turns it into a very efficient piece of equipment and I reckon capable of cutting much bigger stuff than any of the types you are looking for.

WWW.GARDENMACHINERYDIRECT.CO.UK

Allowing you to focus on the job at hand when working with telescopic handles and tree-care equipment, this tool helps in particularly make pruning trees more comfortable.