Sidelines

eggsarascal

15 hours ago, Doug Tait said:

You wouldn't have much luck with mot fails up here Eggs, my mechanic assures me the "glove" system is used.

He places a glove to cover up the warning lights and his mate never ever saw 'em guv.

My truck passed umpteen tests with lights showing thanks to this system.

I was about 26 yrs old before I realised you got mots in a garage. I used to go to the old fella in the corner of the pub, give him a tenner, mileage and vehicle reg, and he wrote it out infront of you!

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Con said:

I was about 26 yrs old before I realised you got mots in a garage. I used to go to the old fella in the corner of the pub, give him a tenner, mileage and vehicle reg, and he wrote it out infront of you!

Yep, lads around Stoke would break into MOT stations just to nick the MOT book, if they could get the tools away that was a bonus for them! Seems like a lifetime ago.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Yep, lads around Stoke would break into MOT stations just to nick the MOT book, if they could get the tools away that was a bonus for them! Seems like a lifetime ago.

When we had those old paper mot tickets a mate of mine said if you " spill " a little brake fluid on the the date ( biro ) it will lift off and you can write in a new one .

• Like 1

Brake fluid on a cotton bud was the method of choice I believe, I knew of one car that had the same ticket for 3 years (was a mates obviously I couldn’t comment or condone such things) 

the marvels of modern technology has spoilt the simple hustles of time gone by!

• Like 1