Russia Invades ukraine

topchippyles

9 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Russia is advancing, their greater resources both in manpower and armaments is starting to tell.

The West has given (up to this point) Ukraine just enough to keep Russia at bay and no more.

Now the stakes are increasing and we (The West) have to face the prospect of Russia winning the war, taking Ukraine entirely and then looking further west to their old dominions.

Thats how I see it, opinions vary.

Your outlook is always similar to mine mick and i enjoy reading your replies.. 

Question ? if Ukraine had the fire power and weapons 2 years ago me personally think they would have whooped the russians to a standstill. Its different now people are dying every day which is so sad when you see the D day events this week. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Your outlook is always similar to mine mick and i enjoy reading your replies.. 

Question ? if Ukraine had the fire power and weapons 2 years ago me personally think they would have whooped the russians to a standstill. Its different now people are dying every day which is so sad when you see the D day events this week. 

Who knows? Maybe WW111 would have kicked off, maybe it still will.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Russia is advancing, their greater resources both in manpower and armaments is starting to tell.

The West has given (up to this point) Ukraine just enough to keep Russia at bay and no more.

Now the stakes are increasing and we (The West) have to face the prospect of Russia winning the war, taking Ukraine entirely and then looking further west to their old dominions.

Thats how I see it, opinions vary.

I don't see it quite like that . The Russians are loosing huge amounts of personnel and hard wear . The losses of men are due to inadequate training , lack of experience and Putins attitude of there is plenty more where they came from . This is not sustainable . The Ukrainians are out numbered something like 10:1 making one Ukraine soldier worth ten Russian soldiers . I agree the west should of provided more early on but , as you say , they ( the west ) are facing the prospect of Russia winning and the west won't let that happen . ( Me thinks )  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Who knows? Maybe WW111 would have kicked off, maybe it still will.

We take our freedom for granted a lot of these youngsters would collapse at the thought of war. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I don't see it quite like that . The Russians are loosing huge amounts of personnel and hard wear . The losses of men are due to inadequate training , lack of experience and Putins attitude of there is plenty more where they came from . This is not sustainable . The Ukrainians are out numbered something like 10:1 making one Ukraine soldier worth ten Russian soldiers . I agree the west should of provided more early on but , as you say , they ( the west ) are facing the prospect of Russia winning and the west won't let that happen . ( Me thinks )  

With you on this stubby maybe if russia win and it lands on our doorstep the west will take more notice. My grandfather was a chippy and i had 20 years under his care, World war 2 vet caught and jailed in africa by the japs.

Edited by topchippyles

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

With you on this stubby maybe if russia win and it lands on our doorstep the west will take more notice. My grandfather was a chippy and i had 20 years under his care, World war 2 vet caught and jailed in africa. 

He would be 106 years old now passed on long time ago but his knowledge is is my head. 

Edited by topchippyles

16 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I don't see it quite like that . The Russians are loosing huge amounts of personnel and hard wear . The losses of men are due to inadequate training , lack of experience and Putins attitude of there is plenty more where they came from . This is not sustainable . The Ukrainians are out numbered something like 10:1 making one Ukraine soldier worth ten Russian soldiers . I agree the west should have provided more early on but , as you say , they ( the west ) are facing the prospect of Russia winning and the west won't let that happen . ( Me thinks )  

That’s how Russia fights wars though mate so I do not think it bothers the population or leaders…. they kind of expect to be still fighting wars like it’s 1945, life is cheap and they certainly have no regard for it. 
I think there is a very small percentage of the Russian population that does not feel this way though but not enough to make a difference. 

Honestly I couldn't give a toss about Ukraine. They seem to be corrupt grifters.

25,000 fighting aged men have fled to Norway, where they get almost immediate citizenship and a new identity to protect them from their own government drafting them. If this wasn't already hard to believe, they get a £50K lump sum to start their new lives .

There are dozens and dozens of luxury vehicles cutting about Bergen sporting Ukrainian plates and their hookers have taken over the sex industry.  STI rates have skyrocketed in this town  Syphilis and Ghonneria infections have exploded. Cyber crime is through the roof too.

1 hour ago, MattyF said:

I think there is a very small percentage of the Russian population that does not feel this way though but not enough to make a difference. 

Mostly the wives . They want their men back before they go into the " meat grinder " .  Also I believe , because the Russian " grown ups " feed the population what they want them to hear , that population genuinely thinks Ukraine started it .  

Edited by Stubby

21 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Also I believe , because the Russian " grown ups " feed the population what they want them to hear , that population genuinely thinks Ukraine started it .  

Tiny percentage, but still a scary huge number, of people all across the West who think this too, who for some reason think the Russian propaganda intended for Russian consumption is good enough for them to believe too. Perplexing. 

• Like 1