Government Figures

Billhook

7 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

It's a stitch up.

Come up with some stats that say we have a major problem so let's have lots of legislation to deal with the problem. Bring in the legislation and then admit the stats that were founded on false info. Bet the legislation and this bureaucracy wont disappear.

It ain't just the case for firewood cough - (covid) - cough.....

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

It's a stitch up.

Come up with some stats that say we have a major problem so let's have lots of legislation to deal with the problem. Bring in the legislation and then admit the stats that were founded on false info. Bet the legislation and this bureaucracy wont disappear.

Yep - it's a tried tested and working model. And you can add all sorts of tweaks, twists and turns. Heap in more misinformation or headline articles - 'Mother begs for law change after toddler dies due to smoke inhalation because of faulty woodburner. Isn't it time we said enough is enough and moved to cleaner energy and fuels?'

And as said - bring in the legislation - 2 years later show the information it was based on was false - scapegoat/sack a couple of people you wanted rid of anyway - and onto the next drama for some more money making/red tape creating nonsense.

Time we had us a truck hoedown to Londinium!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

It ain't just the case for firewood cough - (covid) - cough.....

It's pretty much most things where there's a buck to be made for those that pull the strings.

And good to know that COVID or no COVID the banks have made record profits and allocated record bonuses [another 2008 around the corner?]. But also closing their local branches 'for health reasons and to keep us safe'. Nurse's pay rise is I think 3% in a time of inflation measured at 4-5% [by official figures].  Oh and the threat of being sacked for not getting jabbed...

I went on my first protest a few weeks ago - it won't be the last. What a load of old bulls testicles!

WWW.THISISMONEY.CO.UK

Barclays, HSBC, Lloyds Banking Group and NatWest will reveal the bumper payout over the next fortnight.

• Like 2

It's pretty much most things where there's a buck to be made for those that pull the strings.

And good to know that COVID or no COVID the banks have made record profits and allocated record bonuses [another 2008 around the corner?]. But also closing their local branches 'for health reasons and to keep us safe'. Nurse's pay rise is I think 3% in a time of inflation measured at 4-5% [by official figures].  Oh and the threat of being sacked for not getting jabbed...

I went on my first protest a few weeks ago - it won't be the last. What a load of old bulls testicles!

54109111-0-image-a-31_1644693177750.jpg WWW.THISISMONEY.CO.UK
Barclays, HSBC, Lloyds Banking Group and NatWest will reveal the bumper payout over the next fortnight.  

It might be your last protest unless you can get a load in over the next couple of months! If they get their way you might get fined or banged up for doing so when/if this bill gets passed.
See item 3 -

JUSTICE.ORG.UK

From overcrowded prisons to endemic racial disproportionality, there are many pressing issues across the criminal justice system which need comprehensive, urgent redress. The Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill purports to empower “the police and courts to take more effective action against crime and lead [to] a fair justice system.” While some of the aspects […]

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woodworks said:

It's a stitch up.

WMD?

Actually I have just seen a study of 20 households in Sheffield using wood burning stoves and the amount of particulates released indoors. It fits with what I have measured especially how the room was "flooded" with particulates when logs were added.

https://www.mdpi.com/2073-4433/11/12/1326/htm

So to mitigate this the door should be opened slowly, allow the fire to burn down to coals before reloading (though this will add to smoke emitted until a flame develops), add logs infrequently.

I run my stove 16 hours a day most winter so the average usage in the report is only a quarter of that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sime42 said:

It might be your last protest unless you can get a load in over the next couple of months! If they get their way you might get fined or banged up for doing so when/if this bill gets passed.
See item 3 -

JUSTICE.ORG.UK

From overcrowded prisons to endemic racial disproportionality, there are many pressing issues across the...

I don't see how they have the resources to lock everyone up - plus it's expensive at around £350 a day. I'm still going to attend. The protest I went to there was everyday type folk there - all of this is scare tactics IMO.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sime42 said:

See item 3 -

JUSTICE.ORG.UK

From overcrowded prisons to endemic racial...

Is that the "kill the bill" thing, or a different bill? There's a lot in there that would be just the ticket for cracking down on undersirables, but it's always a double edged weapon. Woke government makes us the undersreables. Everyone knows the law is not applied fairly. Fact if life. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, donnk said:

meanwhile china has 1110 coal fired power stations. 

China has the greatest number of coal-fired power stations of any country or territory in the world.

Quick Google search suggests they burn less coal per capita than Australia and Poland to name two countries. Germany likes a bit of coal electric but import it from Poland for green credentials.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

WMD?

Actually I have just seen a study of 20 households in Sheffield using wood burning stoves and the amount of particulates released indoors. It fits with what I have measured especially how the room was "flooded" with particulates when logs were added.

https://www.mdpi.com/2073-4433/11/12/1326/htm

So to mitigate this the door should be opened slowly, allow the fire to burn down to coals before reloading (though this will add to smoke emitted until a flame develops), add logs infrequently.

I run my stove 16 hours a day most winter so the average usage in the report is only a quarter of that.

I take it that you must be on your way to hospital as I write!

• Haha 1