Government Figures

Billhook

31 minutes ago, sime42 said:

It might be your last protest unless you can get a load in over the next couple of months! If they get their way you might get fined or banged up for doing so when/if this bill gets passed.
See item 3 -

JUSTICE.ORG.UK

From overcrowded prisons to endemic racial disproportionality, there are many pressing issues across the...

Up to a maximum of 10 years?! What are they thinking - for a peaceful protest... but seems their petty and self serving laws didn't go through...

I give £50 a month to these folks [though clearly don't always read the newsletters cover to cover] - and seems old gov are not going to be locking anyone up for protesting anytime soon.

'In a night of crushing defeats for the Government’s campaign to restrict and criminalise protest, Peers voted 14 times to block its proposals yesterday and this morning (17-18 January).

A series of powers put forward by the Government at the eleventh hour, such as the creation of “protest banning orders” and new “locking on” offences, were consigned to history as there will not be another chance for the Government to table them.

Other powers that were in the original Bill, such as sweeping powers to restrict protest on the basis of “noise”, were defeated but the Government may try to table them again when the Bill returns to the Commons.'

• Like 2

I would like to see "the enemy" (as I perceive them) get jailed for ten years. Extinction clowns who glue themselves to roads, stopping people from going to work, etc... However, it's never going to go well for civilization in general when a government has this kind of power. The shoe changes feet and the same powers could be used on me, for defending a legitimate cause (as I see it) like protesting vax mandates... Better the state has less power to punish, and let public opinion be the judge. Now, there is an argument that public opinion expresses itself through our elected governments, so the law is public opinion, but this argument fails under scrutiny. It's been amply shown that governments all over just do their own thing, or the agenda of their doners, and to hell with the public who elected them... The less power the less chance they can do something egregiously fascistic/communistic when the wind changes direction...

Edited by Haironyourchest
  • Like 2

On 16/02/2022 at 17:16, donnk said:

meanwhile china has 1110 coal fired power stations. 

China has the greatest number of coal-fired power stations of any country or territory in the world.

Which is why we should all try to buy nothing made in China,  India is almost as bad.

A

• Like 1

As a Stove Industry Alliance retail member I can advise that we have taken steps to disprove the crap that has been bandied about in the press since 2016.    The results of this work can be seen here:

https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=stove industry alliance

This wide ranging research proves that emissions from stoves are far far lower than the figures that were being bandied about that were the result of a tiny survey carried out in London.  Surprisingly a large amount of PM 2.5 emissions are coming fom outdoor burning from bonfires, BBQs etc,  and these emissions are at head level so far more dangerous that emissions from a 10m high chimney.

This is scientific data compiled by independent organisation that has no axe to grind one way or the other,   suffice to say it is very costly to produce,  it is available for you to copy and use but contributions to the SIA would be appreciated to pay for the cost of the research.   At the end of the day without it we could all have been out of a job should the govt have decided on an outright ban on wood burning.  Believe me that there are people with interests in other camps that would like nothing better and are trying to pull the pollution ticket on anyone that will listen.   This data now proves them wrong.

Jeremy Vine ran an article on his TV show this week on Channel 5,  by the time I saw my request to go on air it was to late but I believe that Charnwood stoves covered the SIA end,.

A

• Like 6