Cressida Dick...

eggsarascal

4 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Is on her way then, Khan seems to be the scapegoat, but did he run it by Patel first is my question.

I don't think Patel can sack her. The sub-text - that Dick is being pushed out (stop it!!) by the government because she's a threat to Boris through her investigation of "partygate" - doesn't hold water because she has already been compliantly muzzled by Mrs Boris Johnson (ahem, I mean the legitimate machinery of government...) and agreed to have most of her report redacted. She's already on-side. 

But.. If the Mayor of London expresses no confidence in "his" metropolitan Commissioner, he/she has no choice but to resign because their job becomes untenable.

This isn't about Johnson (or the present Mrs Johnson) drinking wine with staff after work provoking confected national outrage; it's about Khan grasping any opportunity that comes his way to consolidate his hideous woke, multi-culti London fiefdom, and he's grabbing it with both hands.

No one's sacked Dick. She's resigned because Khan with an evil grin on his face has siad he can't work with her. And now her replacement will be someone he can "work" with. 

Expect a Sharia Police Commissioner to come to a former national capital near you soon.

Edited by Gimlet

3 minutes ago, Gimlet said:

I don't think Patel can sack her. The sub-text - that Dick is being pushed out (stop it!!) by the government because she's a threat to Boris through her investigation of "partygate" - doesn't hold water, because she has already been compliantly muzzled by Mrs Boris Johnson (ahem, I mean the legitimate machinery of government...) and agreed to have most of her report redacted. 

But.. If the Mayor of London expresses no confidence in "his" metropolitan Commissioner, he/she has no choice but to resign because their job becomes untenable.

This isn't about Johnson (or the present Mrs Johnson) drinking wine with staff after work provoking confected national outrage; it's about Khan grasping any opportunity that comes his way to consolidate his hideous woke, multi-culti London fiefdom, and he's grabbing it with both hands.

Ya reckon he'd pull that stunt without consulting Patel, Johnson et al? These people speak to each other in a civilised way behind the scenes. I don't think he could pull it off on his own, no conspiracy, I just don't thinks it's possible. Wasn't Dicks contract extended by two years just recently which Khan backed?

Glad as I am to see her gone(no doubt to some well renumerated quasi Governmental or, even better, some  UN type gig, with more undeserved honours to come, but, cough cough,  lets give it a decent interval for the dust to settle first)

but!

I worry about her replacement.

How about someone with a military background to re-instill discipline and acceptable standards of personal behavouir? 

• Like 1

Element of diversionary tactics looks to play a part.
The commissioners role is a pretty vulnerable one and easy to squeeze someone into submission …
The met have had plenty of scandals over her tenure, plenty recently too.
Flushing her out as incompetent detracts from any investigations into number 10 and makes the met generally look bad.
What a poisoned chalice the commissioners role is.. who wants it in the current political scene
I can’t think of any that have left that role on a positive note in recent tenures.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Ya reckon he'd pull that stunt without consulting Patel, Johnson et al? These people speak to each other in a civilised way behind the scenes. I don't think he could pull it off on his own, no conspiracy, I just don't thinks it's possible. Wasn't Dicks contract extended by two years just recently which Khan backed?

Do I think that arrogant Khant would pull that stunt without consulting Patel, Johnson et al…….Absolutely he would, the man is totally deluded! 

• Like 3