Vermeer BC 190 XL thoughts/experiences?

Mick Dempsey

13 minutes ago, doobin said:

My bobcat e19 was the same. On both sets of aux. Very annoying, I ended up putting four adaptors on, wasn’t sure that they’d mate correctly as it was a bulkhead type fitting without the cone! Luckily it worked and we are now bsp and down to dn06 rather than the ridiculous dn08 size couplers that come as standard. 

Im pretty sure the threads aren’t quite the same. A couple of turns and then no go on the sizes I had, other sizes may vary. 

If there was no cone  and american it was probably a tapered thread.

• 5 weeks later...

Update:

I drove eight hours across France to view/buy this machine.

I  get there and first impressions are it’s a little shabbier than I thought it would be, few dents, rust patches but only a small red flag.

Then I look the engine over and noticed the the oil filter has the hours on which it was changed written on in marker pen 100 hours ago (compared to the hour clock) so clearly the service claimed by the salesman didn’t actually happen.

Another small red flag.

We open it up and the blades are a bit fooked, the other side is ok but it’s clear that no one has done more than throw a bucket of soapy water on it after the trade in.

There’s now 4 of them on the case two salesmen and two tractor technicians assuring me that it’ll be ok, you can turn the blades, it’s a solid machine etc.(There’s a bankers chèque for 30k in my briefcase)

I ask to see the anvils, we get to them and they’re surprising ok, I reach into the space between the rollers and the anvils and pick out a stone the size of a big Malteser and some concrete that’s just sitting there.

I tell them I’m off and there’s no way I want this machine, no matter the discount.

I explained to the salesman (much to the amusement of the technician) that I was happy to pay top dollar for a good machine, but this was a long way from being that.

Anyway at least I didn’t do what Mick 2010 would have done and bought it as I’d gone so far..

E563D951-E35C-41F7-B98D-24559614E2E2.jpeg

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Update:

I drove eight hours across France to view/buy this machine.

I  get there and first impressions are it’s a little shabbier than I thought it would be, few dents, rust patches but only a small red flag.

Then I look the engine over and noticed the the oil filter has the hours on which it was changed written on in marker pen 100 hours ago (compared to the hour clock) so clearly the service claimed by the salesman didn’t actually happen.

Another small red flag.

We open it up and the blades are a bit fooked, the other side is ok but it’s clear that no one has done more than throw a bucket of soapy water on it after the trade in.

There’s now 4 of them on the case two salesmen and two tractor technicians assuring me that it’ll be ok, you can turn the blades, it’s a solid machine etc.(There’s a bankers chèque for 30k in my briefcase)

I ask to see the anvils, we get to them and they’re surprising ok, I reach into the space between the rollers and the anvils and pick out a stone the size of a big Malteser and some concrete that’s just sitting there.

I tell them I’m off and there’s no way I want this machine, no matter the discount.

I explained to the salesman (much to the amusement of the technician) that I was happy to pay top dollar for a good machine, but this was a long way from being that.

Anyway at least I didn’t do what Mick 2010 would have done and bought it as I’d gone so far..

E563D951-E35C-41F7-B98D-24559614E2E2.jpeg

Fair play for checking all those things mick. there’s a lot who wouldn’t, then would complain down the line 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mick Dempsey said:

Comes from bitter experience John!

I think we've all been there at one point or another

I lost 2.5K when I first went out on my own 13 years ago, on a chipper that didn't exist. You don't make that mistake twice

Buy an imperial socket set and then buy that chipper dempsey, they are solid. K

( 3/4 = 19mm 15/16=24mm but you knew that) 

And 9/16” is 14 mm if I remember right.

I don’t mind imperial sizes on the Yank stuff I buy as it’s usually built like a tank to survive halfwit abuse.

And 9/16” is 14 mm if I remember right.
I don’t mind imperial sizes on the Yank stuff I buy as it’s usually built like a tank to survive halfwit abuse.
Sounds like the halfwits like chipping concrete in this case.

Good thing they hadn't done a thorough cleaning job, in a way.