Vermeer BC 190 XL thoughts/experiences?

Mick Dempsey

I have paid off the Forst ST8 and feel I’ve suffered enough for whatever sins I committed in a previous life so it’s time for a change.

I have thought about a number of options and I’m drawn to this.

Second hand, from a dealer with some sort of warranty 457hours €28000 plus VAT.

1.5 tonnes so a little heavier than the Forst, similar hp, but a reputation for reliability and build quality.

Do they use the non metric nuts and bolts? Cos that’s a pita.

Anyway I’ll throw it out there.

TIA.

Mick

EC306EFE-2DFA-4C03-81ED-B840A7F3CA92.png

2 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I have paid off the Forst ST8 and feel I’ve suffered enough for whatever sins I committed in a previous life so it’s time for a change.

I have thought about a number of options and I’m drawn to this.

Second hand, from a dealer with some sort of warranty 457hours €28000 plus VAT.

1.5 tonnes so a little heavier than the Forst, similar hp, but a reputation for reliability and build quality.

Do they use the non metric nuts and bolts? Cos that’s a pita.

Anyway I’ll throw it out there.

TIA.

Mick

EC306EFE-2DFA-4C03-81ED-B840A7F3CA92.png

When you get a moment, give Vermeer UK a bell and ask them, they're very obliging. I seem to have a mixture on my Vermeer grinder, especially on the hydraulics. I was tightening the connections on the Auto Sweep yesterday and found a 14mm spanner was the one for the main nut but a half inch seemed a better fit for the secondary one. Maybe just me. But, the mechanic who normally works on my two Vermeers  is always muttering about the different size spanners needed. Might be worth asking them in UK.

• Thanks 1

I worked selling metal to engineering firms in another life so I am au fait with the sizes.

Its just the stocking of nuts and bolts that’s the issue, it’s nice to have every size to hand.

Not a deal breaker though.

Edited by Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, David Cropper said:

When you get a moment, give Vermeer UK a bell and ask them, they're very obliging. I seem to have a mixture on my Vermeer grinder, especially on the hydraulics. I was tightening the connections on the Auto Sweep yesterday and found a 14mm spanner was the one for the main nut but a half inch seemed a better fit for the secondary one. Maybe just me. But, the mechanic who normally works on my two Vermeers  is always muttering about the different size spanners needed. Might be worth asking them in UK.

14 or 12mm are often Chinese M8 heads. Bloody annoying. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, openspaceman said:

Our Vermeer tree spade had JIC couplings, same threads as BSP but the cone and socket pipe connection  the opposite way round,

My bobcat e19 was the same. On both sets of aux. Very annoying, I ended up putting four adaptors on, wasn’t sure that they’d mate correctly as it was a bulkhead type fitting without the cone! Luckily it worked and we are now bsp and down to dn06 rather than the ridiculous dn08 size couplers that come as standard. 

Im pretty sure the threads aren’t quite the same. A couple of turns and then no go on the sizes I had, other sizes may vary.