Trash talk on Site

benedmonds

6 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Arguments are fine , healthy even  . Its the venomous lashings that are unpleasant .  I am not a " snow flake "  and don't give a flying F what is said to , or about me but I do cringe sometimes when it kicks off  .  I prefer to stay out of it .     

Your like a swiss chocolate log Stubby. A little hard on the outer shell but have a big soft centre 😏

• Haha 1

As long as it’s not repetitive, and the insults aren’t too personal, I can honestly say I enjoy reading a bit of a ding dong between members.

This is a very different place to 7/8/9 years ago, there are now all sort of other platforms where you can share and discuss tree work.

I often hear how it’s more toxic now than before, I disagree, in my experience it’s always been a bear pit, and if you come looking for a row, you’ll find one.

• Like 3

I've almost definitely been a part of the bad bit before 🤦‍♂️Sometimes on this forum it seems to be

1. Express your opinion
  2. Someone disagrees
  3. You tell them why you disagree with their opinion (This is usually the point where both parties stop in normal conversation)
  4. They get upset that your opinion isn't the same as theirs
  5. Keyboards get mounted and abuse ensues.

I think lockdown has stopped the "agree to disagree" part of conversation.

p.s you're a C*** if your opinion isn't the same as mine on this 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

I've almost definitely been a part of the bad bit before 🤦‍♂️Sometimes on this forum it seems to be

1. Express your opinion
  2. Someone disagrees
  3. You tell them why you disagree with their opinion (This is usually the point where both parties stop in normal conversation)
  4. They get upset that your opinion isn't the same as theirs
  5. Keyboards get mounted and abuse ensues.

I think lockdown has stopped the "agree to disagree" part of conversation.

p.s you're a C*** if your opinion isn't the same as mine on this 😂

Paddy disagreements are part of life but pure filth is not acceptable on an open forum others enjoy using. 

• Like 1

Its amazing how some turn into proper hard nuts behind a keyboard and think they know it all about everything,probably know jack shit really,and then from nowhere you got half a dozen having a go at ya,almost comes across as bullying 

• Like 4

ToI think there has always been a lot off banter and some very strong views on certain subjects esp politics etc.

I end just to avoid this threads.

Many ways to skin a cat, and quite often in ARB, forestry or fencing it's not black and white wot is the correct way to do things.

Many will have adapted things to suit there style of work or machinery they have etc.

U could argue all day about how method is best, when in reality they probably both work ok.

I was lucky enough to learn off quite a few old timers and generally the old timers knew wot they were doing.

Yes if u understand why they done it u can often cut corners but u have to know when u can cut a corner and when u cant

But would I would say is different is now there is a few very opinionated members who have absolutely no experience or real knowledge about wot there arguing over and have such strong views. Probably seen a u tube clip from some cowboy in a different country and thinks that's best practice.

I've been round the block a bit and worked with some real good blokes/tradesmen but still learning, every day is a school day.

Not that I generally get involved with arguments but have no problem arguing with other experienced folk, even if u don't agree u know they have they're own reasons for it and it works.

And put in the hard work gaining experience

But when some Muppet watches an other Muppet on u tube and tries to argue black is white with vastly experienced blokes it's no wonder folk feel like banging there head against a brick wall.

If they just shut up read and try to take in/understand and ask questions not a problem but when there telling experienced pros and arguing black is white with no practical experience it's no wonder folk get sick esp if they have had a hard day on tools/saw themelves

Edited by drinksloe
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1