Homemade firelighters

Gav73

12 minutes ago, Squaredy said:

There are paper cups without the plastic lining but very rare at the moment.  

No doubt.

Reducing plastic use is a good thing but replacing with something not fit for purpose isn't so great. Single use anything would be better avoided but making soggy paper cups for UK fast food outlets is not going to save any turtles at all is it? It may save the ones living on motorway embankments I guess because that seems to be where UK waste is chucked.

Pissing in the wind when this goes on.

Pottery mugs  were ok for several 1000's of yrs till people decided it was necessary in the last few decades or so have too walk down street carrying a cofee cup.

Same with people that walk everywhere clutching  a plastic mineral water bottle which i find odd.

Don't really see the need for either plastic or paper mugs.

If people want to they should just have to bring there own mug, and cafes have proper mugs that are nicer to drink from anyway.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Doug Tait said:

Would a paper plant pot maker work? They're a small wooden press that shapes a sheet of newspaper into a little plug for sowing seed. Only cost a few quid for the press 

This is an interesting idea, suppose I could task the kids with making the pots. 

I was thinking it all depends on the local rules what things are made from, however paper cups.. plastic insides all over.

Canada: Fast paced living in the cities - not every city, som still have time for breakfast (I regularly go to Quebec, mostly relaxed there)

Another thought I had today - getting The Boys their ice ceam fix. how about silicone ice cube trays? Do a melted wax mix, pour into them, set, pop them out, job done, I reckon 30 minutes (to melt the wax) can make hundreds