At work today

gary112

Small hedge job on this morning.

Had an up and coming contractor insert himself into the clear up, think he's hoping to make a name in the industry but he'll need to up his productivity to make it pay, he only got a couple of loads away.

Nonetheless, he was keen, didn't chat too much and was always smiling so good luck Rupert (aged 5).

DSC_0416.thumb.JPG.8d504f0d110056bf9ae24e2d079a55b5.JPG

DSC_0415.thumb.JPG.ba965bf84b3c94d56bc86e7651032b34.JPG

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

On a serious note. The new battery saws we got have found themselves all back in the workshop as the boss and yard guys find them handy for stuff, although apparently they're being recalled due to a switch fault?

We have some new saws for the truck instead, another 261, another 500i, and a 400c arrived today. Really like it, a range of saws to make cutting fun again!

DSC_0417.thumb.JPG.386e2e43d6308a758f8a993a4e3d1b69.JPG

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Doug Tait said:

On a serious note. The new battery saws we got have found themselves all back in the workshop as the boss and yard guys find them handy for stuff, although apparently they're being recalled due to a switch fault?

We have some new saws for the truck instead, another 261, another 500i, and a 400c arrived today. Really like it, a range of saws to make cutting fun again!

I don't know about the 500 ( although I suspect it could be awesome ) but the 400 and the 261 are both an absolute pleasure to use. 

1 minute ago, Peter 1955 said:

I don't know about the 500 ( although I suspect it could be awesome ) but the 400 and the 261 are both an absolute pleasure to use. 

They are, and the 500 is lovely too.

That comes from someone who identifies as a husqy lover, but often accused at work of being bi as I do love using these Stihl offerings, the little 194t is lovely too.

1 hour ago, Doug Tait said:

The new battery saws we got have found themselves all back in the workshop as the boss and yard guys find them handy for stuff, although apparently they're being recalled due to a switch fault?

lol 

• Like 1

On 13/04/2023 at 21:13, Doug Tait said:

Thought I'd pop this up after Stubby mentioned the blue ones in the 361 thread.

Mate at work decided to have a punt on a Farmatec Holzfforma G466, an MS461 copy. First day out we were in windblow with a milling list.

Blue Thunder did all the cutting on I think 4 tanks Aspen and never missed a beat. A load away on the timber trailer and a small load left to pick up.

He's used the MS461 in forestry and says The Thunder didn't disappoint. Longevity will be interesting but for £250 he's happy for now. Additional cost for Stihl Bar/Full Chis Chain.

DSC_0223.thumb.JPG.6a738dd6353722b2cb7a9e96c500f322.JPG

DSC_0230.thumb.JPG.10b62825eedcccef1fba6861ff955615.JPG

DSC_0234.thumb.JPG.a25fc134dd38122282e798400ee2897d.JPG

DSC_0232.thumb.JPG.955cda0bb1872122b20631db22d3e1aa.JPG

Which thread was this?

I've got a 361 in the workshop with a stripped plug thread. It'll need either helicoil/timesert or a new cylinder.

Other than that it's in decent nick, if anyone is after one?

4 minutes ago, Joe Newton said:

Which thread was this?

I've got a 361 in the workshop with a stripped plug thread. It'll need either helicoil/timesert or a new cylinder.

Sorry I can't remember, maybe stubby will.

2 hours ago, Doug Tait said:

They are, and the 500 is lovely too.

That comes from someone who identifies as a husqy lover, but often accused at work of being bi as I do love using these Stihl offerings, the little 194t is lovely too.

I never new you batted for the other side Doug 🤣

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Joe Newton said:

Which thread was this?

Gut the muffler and fix the thread. It will wake you up in a scary way!!