Well it Was Bound To Happen.!!!

5 shires

Laugh all you like Sky but the facts speak for themselves, even your beloved left wing hate rag says as much. 

4000.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=85&auto=format&fit=crop&overlay-align=bottom%2Cleft&overlay-width=100p&overlay-base64=L2ltZy9zdGF0aWMvb3ZlcmxheXMvdGctYWdlLTIwMTkucG5n&s=bc1e4c10b357ddda8e56da49c23b47bc WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM
Tax revenues ever more reliant on small group of high earners, says Institute for Fiscal Studies  
Amazon, Facebook, Apple, Google, Tesco's, Sainsbury's ........... Serco, Deloitte, G4S .................? They're the ones that have earnt the most from this pandemic.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mesterh said:

Well, maybe it's time to tax the rich, I know there can be issues with that type of idea but it seems there are some demanding that they pay.

WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Exclusive: Group of 83 wealthy individuals demands ‘immediate, substantial and...

Yeah but what is defined as rich ?? Under SNP if you earn over 43350 you are as is often referenced by sturgeons cronies as the wealthy whom can afford to pay more. The 40/41% tax brackets are a total joke. I’ve had zero assistance off anyone since the beginning of this and have just paid 19-20 self employed tax bill, I’ve managed to get the payment on account dropped but still got hit big time especially seeing as I’m on 30-35% up y to now  for 20-21 compared to 19-20. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

How about a windfall tax on planning permissions? The whole housing system is a crock of shite whereby a lucky few win the lottery and get planning permission on a field for 200 houses. They pocket millions, everyone else pays through the nose just to live in a new build shithole and the countryside gets destroyed.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, doobin said:

How about a windfall tax on planning permissions? The whole housing system is a crock of shite whereby a lucky few win the lottery and get planning permission on a field for 200 houses. They pocket millions, everyone else pays through the nose just to live in a new build shithole and the countryside gets destroyed.

You think there is no tax to be paid on selling a field for millions? 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Good grief. 

Jealousy will eat you up from the inside. 

The housing system is broken. With the stroke of a planners pen, land values multiply by a hundredfold. Young people are then suckered into servicing a lifetime of debt for a shitty new build house. House prices are unsustainable, they are kept propped up by an ever increasing array of wheezes from the government. Help to buy was bollocks- 50k a house went straight on the price and then into Persimmon's profits. Interest rates are currently at an emergency rate cut on top of an emergency rate cut on top of the lowest rates in history. Negative rates are being proposed. Buy to let landlords have a chokehold on young families trying to get ahead- things our parents took for granted. The current stamp duty freeze is bollocks- people are paying 40k extra to save 15k in tax! The can is being kicked down the road.

I'm past the jealousy phase mate- I make OK money and have fun doing it with lots of toys. I have a nice starter house with my missus- an old flint cottage with character and great views, for less than the price of a red brick new build. But this crisis has turned the way I see things. You have people who, through no fault of their own, have accurued a year of debts all the whilst whilst having no way to earn money. Just because I am, on the face of it, a go-getting 'have'- doesn't mean I don't have sympathy for people who are suffering, especially if they were the same as me beforehand but for a different business.

But yes Eggs, I am possibly conflating two different issues, although they are both intertwined. There's my suggestion for raising more tax though. Were I PM, my manifesto would be less tax for genuine businesses, and more tax for speculators, gamblers and people who get lucky due to a broken system.

Capital gains tax it could be argued is a tax upon gains won in the course of business. Hence the term 'windfall tax' I feel is more appropriate.

Edited by doobin
  • Like 3

Just now, doobin said:

The housing system is broken. With the stroke of a planners pen, land values multiply by a hundredfold. Young people are then suckered into servicing a lifetime of debt for a shitty new build house. House prices are unsustainable, they are kept propped up by an ever increasing array of wheezes from the government. Help to buy was bollocks- 50k a house went straight on the price and then into Persimmon's profits. Interest rates are currently at an emergency rate cut on top of an emergency rate cut on top of the lowest rates in history. Negative rates are being proposed. Buy to let landlords have a chokehold on young families trying to get ahead- things our parents took for granted. The current stamp duty freeze is bollocks- people are paying 40k extra to save 15k in tax! The can is being kicked down the road.

I dont disagree with you.

But they are already paying tax on selling that land. Good for them if they make a killing on it. You'd do the same and dont pretend you'd not. 

And if they had to pay a further jealousy tax then the price they'd ask/demand would increase as well, simply pushing up the cost of the housing even further. We're not (yet) in a communist country and thank feck for that. 

11 minutes ago, doobin said:

I'm past the jealousy phase mate- I make OK money and have fun doing it with lots of toys. I have a nice starter house with my missus- an old flint cottage with character and great views, for less than the price of a red brick new build. But this crisis has turned the way I see things. You have people who, through no fault of their own, have accurued a year of debts all the whilst whilst having no way to earn money. Just because I am, on the face of it, a go-getting 'have'- doesn't mean I don't have sympathy for people who are suffering, especially if they were the same as me beforehand but for a different business.

Its a form of jealousy when you want to double tax a private individual selling land to developers. Do you honestly thing that if the Farmer went all altruistic that the developer would pass the savings onto the house buyers? No ones that naïve. When you come to sell your Starter house will you do so to a poor first time buyer at a price they can afford and make potentially a significant loss over selling on the open market? Or perhaps you'd welcome paying a punitive tax on it instead? Or is this tax only for other people and not you?

15 minutes ago, doobin said:

Were I PM, my manifesto would be less tax for genuine businesses, and more tax for speculators, gamblers and people who get lucky due to a broken system.

Well, thankfully thats a Pipe Dream. :D 

16 minutes ago, doobin said:

Capital gains tax it could be argued is a tax upon gains won in the course of business. Hence the term 'windfall tax' I feel is more appropriate.

One or the other, but not both. Call it whatever you like I dont think Farmer Joe should pay any tax on selling his land anymore than you and I should making a profit on selling a house. Its a slippery slope when the public wish private individuals to be taxed even more out of nothing other than envy. We should be careful what we wish for. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

Which list do I start with....🤣
A yard... 100k++++
Vehicle with crane to move 5 ton+ logs whole from precarious off road situation.
Bandsaw that can cut 2.4m
Telehandler
Massive warehouse
Racking system
Tractor
Forklift
Its a bit longer... but you get the idea.
🤣emoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.png

Come on man get your facts right as if you get the items you need in the right order things will go smoother

KETTEL AND TEABAGS FIRST !!

• Like 1