Poll on two rope technique.

Mick Dempsey

Are you using the new two rope technique when you climb?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Are you using two rope technique when you climb?

• Yes, nearly all the time.
    • Almost never.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/02/21 at 16:57

Just now, Mick Dempsey said:

Poll fairly one sided at the moment.

Perhaps because of the demographics of this forum. More SE climbers and business owners than large company employees and utility workers.

More people from non arb related backgrounds than any of those grouped together!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

It's a good poll Mick, I'm going to use it as defence to fight the £60K prosecution, that's apparently heading my way.

If you do get questioned by the HSE for doing something silly just say you meant to do it. The home schooling, never ending lockdowns and depression has gotten the better of you. Might have to do a bit of therapy but could save you £60K :)

Unfortunately I know a few people who have ended up in hospital which as nearly always was due to their own stupidness, cutting corners etc (me included) and the only one who got questioned by the HSE was just to ask if their employer had forced them into a difficult situation. A simple no was good enough for the HSE.

Making tree climbers use two ropes all the time is ridiculous and as already mentioned down right dangerous at times. One rope and a secondary backup while cutting is enough IME. Ive only used two ropes and that was part way through a college course due to someone not have a secondary attachment point and cutting his main line.

Not really the point Matty.

Its a poll, not a trick to find people out.

What I’d really like is some peeps from utilities and the big boys who are using it weighing in.

Sadly they’re all on FB calling anyone who reduces trees not to their liking as worse than serial killers or paedos.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mick Dempsey said:

What I’d really like is some peeps from utilities and the big boys who are using it weighing in.

Sadly they’re all on FB calling anyone who reduces trees not to their liking as worse than serial killers or paedos.

If anything it's shown the major demographic of this forum is self employed guys/small companies

Its a poll, not a trick to find people out.

No mick I never said it was , but if your going to harp on about it being the law endlessly it’s interesting to see out of 46 votes 43 are not using it.. I could not give a flying **************** either way if you or I use two ropes or not.. I definitely won’t be when I’m rigging trees that won’t suit it or I feel it’s dangerous and it will certainly encourage me to become a bigger fat middle aged bastard by using a mewp as much as possible.
  • Like 1