Heated saw handles pros and cons?

drinksloe

I've replaced a couple of heated handles due to damage but not many. £100+ usually just for the parts so it is worth looking after them. Brushcutter has given some good advice.

To convert a non heated handle saw is very expensive so it is worth thinking about when buying new as the cost isn't that much different.

Heated handles on a top handle saw would be nice. One day Mr Bolam, one day.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mark_Skyland said:

I've replaced a couple of heated handles due to damage but not many. £100+ usually just for the parts so it is worth looking after them. Brushcutter has given some good advice.

To convert a non heated handle saw is very expensive so it is worth thinking about when buying new as the cost isn't that much different.

Heated handles on a top handle saw would be nice. One day Mr Bolam, one day.

I am still pushing, maybe it will be easier on the T540i

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stubby said:

Coz I'm a southern softie I don't want/need heated handles and I could not cope with the extra weight on the saw . 🙂

Useful for drying wet gloves?

Am I missing something here?

If, in the unlikely event, one should get caught in an unexpected shower, the correct place for drying gloves is in the boiler house. 

Are people actually going out to work in the rain? 

Is that a Northern thing??

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

I’ve asked loads of times, with a less than enthusiastic response.

Basically heated grips work well on ground saws cos yr gripping the handles for a long time  ( snedding along the trunk or big crosscuts)  Top handles yr shifting yr grip and putting it down a lot so the physiological benefit is far less. Yes Kev, it is a Northern thing you great wussikins  😋 .  K

• Haha 2