Anchor point snapped

DrewB

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im just glad i stopped and started to downclimb- was only 3-4 m from the ground when it gave way, i could of been alot higher. if things feel wrong they generally are so stop and reassess-thats my new motto.

Damn you guys are quick!! cheers guys for ya words. After ct scans and x rays it looks like ive only done muscular damage and torn some ligaments hold ing my vertabrae-the next x rays will check that the good ligaments arent pulling my vert out of line. I landed on my feet as was expecting it to fail-stop drop and roll.

Edited by DrewB
your all too quick!

I chose srt for two reasons, its a lot smoother on the anchor (compared to footlock or body thrust) so puts less strain on any potential weak points

Glad to hear your ok Drew, no doubt your a great climber and have loads of experience in big trees, just wonder if your choosing an ascent method based on wether it's more or less likely to break your anchor point might mean the TIPs your choosing are too small? or you couldn't see if the branch had decay in it? I can identify with using SRT due to heat though.

Get better soon

maybe the anchors are too small, for the trees are known to be abit dodg. thats something ill be going over when i go back to work and we do an assessment of what happened for the other crews. This branch had no decay whatsoever-its at work so ill try and get apic before it gets chipped! I just hope theres no knee jerk reaction to us climbing them-if it makes everyone a bit more aware of checking anchors etc.. then its got a postive outcome.

maybe the anchors are too small, for the trees are known to be abit dodg. thats something ill be going over when i go back to work and we do an assessment of what happened for the other crews. This branch had no decay whatsoever-its at work so ill try and get apic before it gets chipped! I just hope theres no knee jerk reaction to us climbing them-if it makes everyone a bit more aware of checking anchors etc.. then its got a postive outcome.

Fell them all!:001_tongue: