The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

I was looking at that one but I think the lack of a rotating spout is putting me off
Ye that had me hesitating on it for a while. Just figured I will get one fabricated when I have had it pay it's way. Got chatting to someone who has already done that with his MDL chipper and works a treat. But I agree it's not ideal as is.

IMG_5453.jpg
The M500 is a unique machine & the price was reduced by £1200 earlier this year, you are paying for a large 500mm wide drum, 24hp Honda engine, hydraulic drive, rotating chute, quick release attachment & 3yr warranty. It could be made cheaper with less options & a cheaper Chinese engine but it wouldn’t be a Jo Beau then, this one was delivered today.

• Like 2

On 18/11/2018 at 20:12, equip4ind said:

Did somebody say rotating spout? Bit of product improvement!

No its not copied off Greenmech either.Lol

Also a very handy lever for steering the unit if you go for the basic wheeled version.

The Basic Wheeled Version available with 14Hp Briggs Pull Start   £Black Friday/Arbtalkers deal coming.

with 18Hp Briggs Vanguard (similar to you know what) £Black Friday/Arbtalkers deal coming.

IMG-20181109-WA0006.thumb.jpg.fdf9168b84d554f070ab1294edd6235d.jpgIMG-20181109-WA0004.thumb.jpg.dafe797ab24f75431d695de55a9c924f.jpgIMG-20181109-WA0003.thumb.jpg.013eb272f15d82d6e78330aa38f231aa.jpg

IMG_20181108_175045.jpg

IMG_20181108_175056.jpg

Could have sworn that was.......no, I done that bit already!

what happened to the flap on the chute? Where dit goe? Isn't it too short without it?

1.2m I believe a hopper should be!
The rotating spout I think will cause more hassle, when the chipper drops revs doing heavy foliage the chip throw is reduced, when the chute faces forward the slow chip can fall straight down onto the ground, with it sideways it falls back down the throat of the chute and can block up easier.
My 2pence

• Like 2