The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

34 minutes ago, doobin said:

7hp simply isn’t enough. You need the 15hp model. 

Here you go- the cheapest 15hp on eBay currently. 

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

The modern design, large wheels and well balanced construction allows the...

Thanks @doobin, Have you got one or similar? Is the feed rate ok for 2-4” branch's? Just looking for something for odd job about the croft etc 

9 hours ago, Pedrod316 said:

Thanks @doobin, Have you got one or similar? Is the feed rate ok for 2-4” branch's? Just looking for something for odd job about the croft etc 

All these Chinese machines are the same. I’m very happy with my 15hp for the money. 

The feed rate is what it is. You can’t compare it to a roller fed 40hp machine. Keep the blades sharp and it’s ok, but I wouldn’t want to be feeding it 4” all day long. 

It won’t really feed short sections either- they just bounce around and sometimes back out at you. You need to feed it the whole branch, starting with the 4” end. Gravity and well adjusted anvil gap will do the work this way- as it gets lighter it gets thinner so still self feeds. 

2 hours ago, doobin said:

It won’t really feed short sections either- they just bounce around and sometimes back out at you. You need to feed it the whole branch, starting with the 4” end.

I chuck those short bits in with another branch, keeps it straighter and carries it through. Can do this up to about 3" diameter on mine.

Just need to make sure you don't leave all the lumps to the end like you might with a roller machine.

26 minutes ago, nepia said:

What happens if you do leave the lumps to the end?  I often do just that with my Jo Beau and I just let them bounce about until they're gone while I rake up

Its inneficient, and the last little bit flies out and twats you in the face! 🤣

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, doobin said:

Its inneficient, and the last little bit flies out and twats you in the face! 🤣

Just meant you can't put through with brash if you chipped it already, I don't like the noise of them banging around or the odd one that jumps back out.

One of the things I did before painting was to weld up the bottom corners of the chute where the sides had split, so the other reason is after about 15 years it can damage the chute.

Anyone know what the cs100 is like with the vanguard 14hp engine as opposed to the 18hp? I'm just looking at buying one 

Also going to be selling my lipper cobra 6.5hp chipper soon 

Does alright tbf on smaller stuff and I just adjusted the blade gap makes a massive difference 

51 minutes ago, GLynch said:

Anyone know what the cs100 is like with the vanguard 14hp engine as opposed to the 18hp? I'm just looking at buying one 

Also going to be selling my lipper cobra 6.5hp chipper soon 

Does alright tbf on smaller stuff and I just adjusted the blade gap makes a massive difference 

Not a cs100 but my wee chipper has a 13 hp honda and it's a bit weak when near it's limit on "bigger" stems or when it takes a big bite of conifer tops. Blades and anvil gap need to be spot on to get the best out of it.

Just waiting for it to show any sign of unreliability so I have an excuse to stick on a bigger unit.

I can only imagine how painfully slow a 6.5 is to use! 

The CS80 is the same body/chipper as the CS100 but with a smaller, cheaper engine to get the cost down. I've been told that it works bloody well by a dealer who sold a few and watched them working on demonstrations etc.

• Like 1