Nightingale hospitals

Acerforestry

This is just a drill, a dry run if you like...
Look at history...
It’s not this virus which is scaring the pants off government.
It’s the deadly mutation they are scared of.
In 1918 the deadly mutated virus attacked healthy breeding age adults.
It turned their immune systems against themselves.
30%+ infection rate,
25+% mortality rates.
This is just the starter...
IF the virus mutates like it has done many times before...
Our government knows this.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mesterh said:

What would you do then if you were in charge?

I see a lot of people whinging, never ending fcking whinging but let's see some constructive effective solutions then as you must have the answers.(Not aimed souly at you MC Moose)

It's just like watching a game of football on the tv, so easy to score, unless you're on the pitch with defenders around your ankles.

Tier 5 in less than two weeks I guess.

Training army, navy and air force medics and personnel to help staff the nightingale hospitals would have been a starting point I guess.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rough Hewn said:

This is just a drill, a dry run if you like...

Our government knows this.

You reckon they do? If that was the case i'd like to think they might have a better plan of action.

22 minutes ago, scraggs said:

Training army, navy and air force medics and personnel to help staff the nightingale hospitals would have been a starting point I guess.

That's a good shout.

Not everyone in government is incompetent or/and corrupt.

Imagine you told the population last year that they were going into on off lockdown for next year or two.
Businesses and the economy would crash.
You’d have rioting on day one.
But with the slow ratcheting up,
everybody is following.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scraggs said:

They can probably run it better then any NHS managers or government. 

It was the logistics of the army that finished it in the first place. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

Not everyone in government is incompetent or/and corrupt.

Imagine you told the population last year that they were going into on off lockdown for next year or two.
Businesses and the economy would crash.
You’d have rioting on day one.
But with the slow ratcheting up,
everybody is following.

For once I have to disagree with you. To be in local government or national you have to have failed to make the grade to be employed in the real world or have failed having tried and gone into because it’s the only employment you can get, you are then promoted on your level of incompetence , or back scratching nepotism or brown enveloping  

I really believe the qualification to be in government should be 10 to 15 years holding down a job in the private sector just look at what a cock up all the career politicians from all parties have made over the last 30 years 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

For once I have to disagree with you. To be in local government or national you have to have failed to make the grade to be employed in the real world or have failed having tried and gone into because it’s the only employment you can get, you are then promoted on your level of incompetence , or back scratching nepotism or brown enveloping  
I really believe the qualification to be in government should be 10 to 15 years holding down a job in the private sector just look at what a cock up all the career politicians from all parties have made over the last 30 years 

That’s why I put not everyone.
Meaning there are some decent folks in government.
There are some aspects where there is no private sector.
  • Like 1