Logosol f2+

Big Beech

Can someone share a picture please of the saw carriage with the correct orientation of how the black slides/ glides are installed?
I've seen two variations and I am not convinced I've got mine right.
And I cant comprehend as I said before how much this carrier is for two bits of plastic, a powder coated orange bent bit of plate and handful of nuts and bolts. And a very basic hand winch system.
Absolute disgrace.

Get your wallet out you tight git …… [emoji39]
Hurry up and put it together. I want to test yours before I order the (or not) the F2+ !

I bought an F2+ and ES8 electric motor. I sent it back for a refund after weeks of frustration and calks to logosol trying to get a cut accurate enough to justify the price. I don’t like the 4 carriage bed sections that need joining up they are too prone to move, and the longer the bar used the worse the accuracy I found. (With the ES8) I had brand new lo pro chains and bar for several attempts. Others say they have had more success.  But I hope you get on well with it! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Big Beech said:

Hoping that is it now for expenditure!

From what I paid for it, and now the sled and support bar I am about 400 under the full current asking price.

18 minutes ago, Stuarts said:

I bought an F2+ and ES8 electric motor. I sent it back for a refund after weeks of frustration and calks to logosol trying to get a cut accurate enough to justify the price. I don’t like the 4 carriage bed sections that need joining up they are too prone to move, and the longer the bar used the worse the accuracy I found. (With the ES8) I had brand new lo pro chains and bar for several attempts. Others say they have had more success.  But I hope you get on well with it! 

If you are spending that sort of money why did you not go down the bandsaw route guys much easier and 3 times faster.

A tool is only as good as the operator.

I agree. If you can get a 70cm bar on an ES8 to cut with accuracy then you are a better man than me and everyone else I had take a look. Quite easy to cut reasonable accurate boards on smaller logs/boards with f2+. I haven’t used a chainsaw on it just the ES8, so maybe that’s different. Someone post me a video with a 70cm chainsaw bar cutting a large log 60cm+ then I’ll agree. Not these small, medium logs I see, haven’t seen any with a bigger bar cutting a wide log, just cuts near the saw not the end of the bar too. I am a very experienced user of saws; Alaskans, self made systems etc no problem. The bar chatter on the ES8 on a 70cm bar they provide (stihl, cannon bars were sold out) is in my opinion without doubt too much for the magnetic bar support to stabilise. You don’t see logosol cutting oak at 70cm’s on their demo videos just mid size pine. Like I say maybe it’s better with a chainsaw, but nobody’s proved it will cut big timber with accuracy….

15 minutes ago, Stuarts said:

I agree. If you can get a 70cm bar on an ES8 to cut with accuracy then you are a better man than me and everyone else I had take a look. Quite easy to cut reasonable accurate boards on smaller logs/boards with f2+. I haven’t used a chainsaw on it just the ES8, so maybe that’s different. Someone post me a video with a 70cm chainsaw bar cutting a large log 60cm+ then I’ll agree. Not these small, medium logs I see, haven’t seen any with a bigger bar cutting a wide log, just cuts near the saw not the end of the bar too. I am a very experienced user of saws; Alaskans, self made systems etc no problem. The bar chatter on the ES8 on a 70cm bar they provide (stihl, cannon bars were sold out) is in my opinion without doubt too much for the magnetic bar support to stabilise. You don’t see logosol cutting oak at 70cm’s on their demo videos just mid size pine. Like I say maybe it’s better with a chainsaw, but nobody’s proved it will cut big timber with accuracy….

I think that is top end of the design limitation of the F series.

I've a few 28 Oak logs that I wouldn't even consider milling on my f2.

Id probably break it in to cants and reprocess.

If your doing timber that size everyday than a bandsaw is the way forward.

The f series from my limited 2 bad board experience excels at the smaller mod diameter timber that is awkward on an Alaskan.

• Like 2