Logosol f2+

Big Beech

Yes that would align with my experience. I bought it with a 70cm bar and cut some quite big logs to test it out. With that set up it would re cut the log off cuts well enough but not large logs. It’s a long way out for the magnetic holder to stabilise a bar that long. I bought it on the understanding it would cut that size as they state with my thinking if it cuts that wide I wouldn’t really need to use the Alaskan mill much.  I wouldn’t of used it on large logs all the time but for the price tag (ES8 considered) & the promo I thought it would work as they stated. They didn’t seem to argue my concerns too much. It could do with the bar being drilled somehow to stabilise it on big logs perhaps? There’s enough people happy with it for me not to argue that it can work well, I’m just not convinced as the timber gets wider, but when logosol say it will cut up to 70cm I believed that. Maybe if they do a video with an ES8, 70cm bar and large Oak I’ll be converted 😃🙏🏻

31 minutes ago, Stuarts said:

The F2+ will take heavy logs fine had no trouble with log weight. Would be good to see if he cut a 1inch / 2inch board 30inch wide not just top cut / quarter cut. 

He can no problem i have followed his posts and threads on using the F2 but saul uses an 881 not an electric saw. I have cut 750mm wide logs in the past very accurate. 

Edited by topchippyles