Logosol f2+

Big Beech

• 11 months later...

On 02/01/2021 at 22:23, Rough Hewn said:

Spend a bit of time with a spirit level and right angle.
When it’s all setup, with a log on it.
Check everything again.
I had an issue with the raisers.
Need oiling occasionally, or they’d stick.
Have you seen the m7/m8 videos?
Loads of really useful stuff from Logosol
emoji106.png

Finally getting around to setting it up today. Few nuts short so just picked a few extras up.

Used my square edge from my tracks to level the bed plates. As I expected a bit fiddly getting bolts loose enough but also tight enough to tighten with my fourth hand whilst holding everything amd checking levels🙃

Just looking at bars to go on my 064.

What is the standard lenght 20/25/28?

8 minutes ago, Big Beech said:

Finally getting around to setting it up today. Few nuts short so just picked a few extras up.

Used my square edge from my tracks to level the bed plates. As I expected a bit fiddly getting bolts loose enough but also tight enough to tighten with my fourth hand whilst holding everything amd checking levels🙃

Just looking at bars to go on my 064.

What is the standard lenght 20/25/28?

I would go 20 or 25 the 28 will be to long milling for an 85cc saw. 

Edited by topchippyles

31 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

I use an F2 mill with a 660 it rips great with a 20/24 bar. The mill can take up to 28" logs comfortable. Can go bigger but would need to make an extended bed.

I don't really see that ill be doing 28" logs on it, but will keep it for the faster milling of smaller sticks.

I am just unsure of how much length I'll loose once its mounted. 

11 minutes ago, Big Beech said:

I don't really see that ill be doing 28" logs on it, but will keep it for the faster milling of smaller sticks.

I am just unsure of how much length I'll loose once its mounted. 

The length depends on how long the mill is setup for. Mine is 5.4 meters but you can buy extensions for it.

Edited by topchippyles

Can someone share a picture please of the saw carriage with the correct orientation of how the black slides/ glides are installed?

I've seen two variations and I am not convinced I've got mine right.

And I cant comprehend as I said before how much this carrier is for two bits of plastic, a powder coated orange bent bit of plate and handful of nuts and bolts. And a very basic hand winch system.

Absolute disgrace.