Logosol f2+

Big Beech

18 hours ago, Big Beech said:

According to Google calculations there is just shy of 74 cubic feet in that log, equivalent to around 2 cubic meters.

But happy to be told otherwise, maths not my strong point 

If the average width is 44" and 6'6" long that gives a quarter girth of 3.4 and a volume of 75Hft, 27Hft to the m^3

There’s some nice logs in that woodland
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Full of nice saw logs hewn.
It’s a big site too. I will be doing another phase or two this year I suspect. It’s all survey / safety works but they are applying for rhododendron grants etc etc. 50 acres of dense rhododendrons to be removed if they get the grant.
Very large too.

I bet you are looking at the burr to the left behind Hicap there.

I took some big burr off of the sweet chestnut bits that weren’t being milled. Never tried flogging any before so cut some out of curiosity and will see if there’s any interest.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lux said:

It’s a big site too. I will be doing another phase or two this year I suspect. It’s all survey / safety works but they are applying for rhododendron grants etc etc. 50 acres of dense rhododendrons to be removed if they get the grant.
Very large too.

I took some big burr off of the sweet chestnut bits that weren’t being milled. Never tried flogging any before so cut some out of curiosity and will see if there’s any interest.

Keep me in mind 👍

I'll come around and start marking up some of my own trees id like felled 🤣

Edited by Big Beech
  • Like 2

Keep me in mind [emoji106]
I'll come around and start marking up some of my own trees id like felled 🤣

I think I might make sure I’ve bought a timber trailer by then. [emoji23]
Now that logs off the trailer what do you recon they weighed. Probably 3t I’d imagine

Very large too.

Anything too big for you?
[emoji106]

7 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

Anything too big for you?
emoji106.png

4 hours ago, topchippyles said:

Can call and pick it up with your new tractor and borrow lux new timber trailer then call over to wales for a cuppa and drop a couple of those nice chestnut logs off please. 🙄

Forgot to say you can drop off a few logs for gavin (squaredy) same time but he only pays whole sale prices (tight forkers) newport lot 🤣He has card machines down there though for big payments to you guys.

Edited by topchippyles