Felling trees for personal use

Marcus 3000

Seeing as its almost his Birthday, Jesus wept.

I'm as open minded as anyone, it doesn't matter if you like girls or boys, I'm mates with Joe, but can we keep all the flirting etc to PMs. 

Call me old fashioned but I think I prefer the days where it was people talking about trees and actually learning things off each other.

The only things I've learnt recently is that there are a few of you that couldn't lie straight in bed and a Carpenter in Wales will boast about the size of his wang given half the chance. To be quite honest, I could have done without knowing either.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Tommy_B said:

I'm as open minded as anyone, it doesn't matter if you like girls or boys, I'm mates with Joe, but can we keep all the flirting etc to PMs. 

Call me old fashioned but I think I prefer the days where it was people talking about trees and actually learning things off each other.

The only things I've learnt recently is that there are a few of you that couldn't lie straight in bed and a Carpenter in Wales will boast about the size of his wang given half the chance. To be quite honest, I could have done without knowing either.

Its called Irony, or banter, you choose. K

18 minutes ago, Tommy_B said:

Yes i understand what your saying, this site is not what it used to be by far, it used to be lads doing each other favours, helping each other out and sharing information and knollage but now it just seems to be a place for bitching for a handful of very sad individuals with FA else to do but to try and take the piss out of genuine people with genuine questions, 

I and many others on here (some still on here but some have long since left) where once young and knew very little and had to ask for help/addvise on some issues we where not clear on, but on here you ask a genuine question and you seem to get some genuine answers but it wont be long before some smart arse is there shooting the original poster down and some of people who have replied with real answers and this just seems to be a handful of people, i have not been on this site for 5 wks untill monday of this wk and its still the same old thing bitch bitch bitch,

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Tommy_B said:

Wouldn't mind if it was people with actual Arborist or Forestry experience. 90% of the time it isnt.

Ive been on here a long time. Maybe I'm wrong. Although I dont think I'm alone

This is the reality we live in, encouraged by our bizzare ways from the top down. 

Told you are are important and your opinion is more valuable than hard proven facts, im an apprenticed bench joiner ive done few years of site work its appalling deliberate attempts to beat building regs and customers .  

My main experience coming up 10years (not kidding myself ive seen it all)  has been cutting my teeth cutting trees trying my best to work to our applicable regs and modern science. Still we are seeing lopping and topping and complete ignorance of tree biology. 

The country is broken personally 

Edited by mtt.tr

I don't think the country is broken. There just seems to be two distinct catagories of arbs:

1) Don't care about biology and will do whatever to make money including killing trees older than them in the guise of pruning

2) Guys who know what they are doing but treat anyone who asks questions like the dicks in section one

Sometimes there are the third type which most of the guys on the forum come under that know their stuff and are willing to help. From my experience Spudlike and Rough Hewn are perfect examples of those (there are others too before I get accused of favouritism)  

Things will come around, I just don't see the need for hostility, it's Christmas after all 😂

Edited by Paddy1000111
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

I don't think the country is broken. There just seems to be two distinct catagories of arbs:

1) Don't care about biology and will do whatever to make money including killing trees older than them in the guise of pruning

2) Guys who know what they are doing but treat anyone who asks questions like the dicks in section one

Rarely there are the third type which a lot of the guys on the forum come under that know their stuff and are willing to help. From my experience Spudlike and Rough Hewn are perfect examples of those (there are others too before I get accused of favouritism)  

Things will come around, I just don't see the need for hostility, it's Christmas after all 😂

This is a very funny post. You've summarised the arb demographic into 3 groups.

Your credentials are this. You have a background in aviation, and you also have the Internet.

You shouldn't be surprised if your opinion on tree workers gains less respect than your knowledge on self employment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Newton said:

This is a very funny post. You've summarised the arb demographic into 3 groups.

Your credentials are this. You have a background in aviation, and you also have the Internet.

You shouldn't be surprised if your opinion on tree workers gains less respect than your knowledge on self employment. 

Sorry that I offended you somehow? 😂 I guess you put yourself into catagory 1/2... I was on about here on arbtalk, not in life but okay 😂