Felling trees for personal use

Marcus 3000

2 minutes ago, lux said:

I dunno mate. I think Mr Bullman needs to check some of the IP addresses , they seem to reincarnated under different names emoji23.png

It wont be eggs and has a job to turn on his ipad so to claim a reincarnated identity is asking to much 🤣🤣🤣Big J could be a contender though. 

Just now, topchippyles said:

It wont be eggs and has a job to turn on his ipad so to claim a reincarnated identity is asking to much 🤣🤣🤣Big J could be a contender though. 

This from a bloke who still has his gloves held together with a length of string so he doesn't loose them.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Merry Christmas Rich, I don't disagree and I wasn't being stubborn, maybe I just didn't understand..

I've employed freelancers and my insurance companies and theirs had the agreement that public liability stopped the end client suing the freelancer but there was nothing stopping the insurance company or me suing the freelancer for gross negligence or incompetence in general. Imagine the situation where I get crushed by a log dropped by an over Eger climber (eggsarascal will quote this now) 

I would hate some young lad to read that thread and go "I don't need insurance" and then be a sole trader and have his car taken away because he made a cock up and a company/insurer was suing him for negligence.

All I was really pushing in that thread was to check your position and watch your back, not that you experienced guys didn't know what you're talking about. There's a reason why freelancers are paid more than employees and it's not because they don't have to pay them a pension

Thing is with the trained legal pro is they didn't give me any proof? Didn't reference anything in stone. Just said "that's the way it is" then disappeared 🤷🏼‍♂️ were talking about thousands of pounds of a young lads cash, I want something he can take to court that covers his arse not something that someone on a forum says. I could call myself a barrister but it doesn't mean F all. 

You're a good guy Rich. I just want to discuss things and not be in a d*** size experience competition and you provide discussion

You call others out for not providing proof, is that correct?

I asked you to prove a main contractor successfully sued a freelancer. I only want evidence of one case.

Thats where it ended.

1 minute ago, eggsarascal said:

You call others out for not providing proof, is that correct?

I asked you to prove a main contractor successfully sued a freelancer. I only want evidence of one case.

Thats where it ended.

You're obviously experienced and I don't want to create enemies here. 

Have a read of "your responsibilities as a freelancer" this is from towergate insurance 

WWW.TOWERGATEINSURANCE.CO.UK

Do you work freelance? Thinking of a move into self-employment? In this article, we'll...

On the other hand, if you're willing to provide me with something that says "as a freelancer you are immune to any form of suing or charge" then be my guest. I'm not saying that freelancers have no protection from the end client but they aren't immune.

On the other hand I'm not willing to search through tonnes of legal cases finding something applicable. I take my insurance saying I'm not covered as proof especially as calls are recorded. 

Let's just say I'm wrong and thousands of articles and insurance companies are all wrong and call it a day.

I came here origionaly for some help and to learn not to argue with guys about legal things. I can only vouch for what I have seen and been told by insurance companies at the end of the day. To this day, I've never lost any amount of money in industry simply because I cover my arse.

I'm not here to fight with people 

2 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

You're obviously experienced and I don't want to create enemies here. 

Have a read of "your responsibilities as a freelancer" this is from towergate insurance 

Do you work freelance? Thinking of a move into self-employment? In this article, we'll...

On the other hand, if you're willing to provide me with something that says "as a freelancer you are immune to any form of suing or charge" then be my guest. I'm not saying that freelancers have no protection from the end client but they aren't immune.

On the other hand I'm not willing to search through tonnes of legal cases finding something applicable. I take my insurance saying I'm not covered as proof especially as calls are recorded. 

Let's just say I'm wrong and thousands of articles and insurance companies are all wrong and call it a day.

I came here origionaly for some help and to learn not to argue with guys about legal things. I can only vouch for what I have seen and been told by insurance companies at the end of the day. To this day, I've never lost any amount of money in industry simply because I cover my arse.

I'm not here to fight with people 

Link doesn't work. No one is here specifically to have a row but you need to back up what you say if you are going to insist on things.

Just now, eggsarascal said:

Link doesn't work. No one is here specifically to have a row but you need to back up what you say if you are going to insist on things.

I get that. Finally something we agree on :beerchug: 

Does this work?