Felling trees for personal use

Marcus 3000

1 minute ago, eggsarascal said:

In your understanding of insurance.

It's quite simple, if you don't want to get into a argument on an Internet forum keep your fingers to yourself.

And in the insurance companies understanding of insurance. You obviously know better. 

There's two things I hate, one is giving people advice like "call yourself a freelancer and you're covered under someone else's insurance no matter what" as it's a dangerously broad spectrum statement and can lead to someone getting seriously screwed over if they read that forum in future and don't bother checking their position and covering themselves as appropriate which is what my advice was.

The second is people who say "I've got X amount of experience and you don't know F all so don't talk" instead of giving some form of useful and helpful input. It just shows that your ego is a lot bigger than need be. 

It's a shame, there are tonnes of experienced guys on this site that really do know their thing (not me) who have no issue with answering questions or explaining something instead of jumping on "younger" members in some sort of experience D*** size competition. 

Get over yourself. I just came here to discuss trees, not be talked down to by someone else with a keyboard. I've watched a lot of guys in other industries with 30+ years experience get f***** over. Don't think you know everything because you did your own C-section with a chainsaw. 

I actually said don’t call yourself a Subby as it clouds the waters and makes things tricky.  Call yourself Freelance or a contract climber, anything but a Subby.

Phone an insurance company and say you want to go out subbying, of course they are going to try and sell you a policy.

You own a company and say you want to get some outside help in to assist with workload, does the policy cover subbies?  They say no, subbies (Bona Fide) need there own policy.  Back to the first point.

It really isnt that difficult to see the difference.  Myself and others tried to explain the scenarios to you which you refused to accept.  As you knew better, it might have been the way in Aviation due to the amount of money involved.

You crack on about UK law.  Then a trained legal professional comments and you start telling them the way it is.

People are trying to help but if you cannot accept or see that then fair enough.

Anyway, Ive just jumped in the Fjord after a Christmas Sauna.  Bloody hell it was cold and my nuts had an argument with my body as they didnt want any of it!

Mary Christmas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

I actually said don’t call yourself a Subby as it clouds the waters and makes things tricky.  Call yourself Freelance or a contract climber, anything but a Subby.

Phone an insurance company and say you want to go out subbying, of course they are going to try and sell you a policy.

You own a company and say you want to get some outside help in to assist with workload, does the policy cover subbies?  They say no, subbies (Bona Fide) need there own policy.  Back to the first point.

It really isnt that difficult to see the difference.  Myself and others tried to explain the scenarios to you which you refused to accept.  As you knew better, it might have been the way in Aviation due to the amount of money involved.

You crack on about UK law.  Then a trained legal professional comments and you start telling them the way it is.

People are trying to help but if you cannot accept or see that then fair enough.

Anyway, Ive just jumped in the Fjord after a Christmas Sauna.  Bloody hell it was cold and my nuts had an argument with my body as they didnt want any of it!

Mary Christmas.

There's no point, mate. It's like being in the special Olympics. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rich Rule said:

Mary Christmas.

Merry Christmas Rich, I don't disagree and I wasn't being stubborn, maybe I just didn't understand..

I've employed freelancers and my insurance companies and theirs had the agreement that public liability stopped the end client suing the freelancer but there was nothing stopping the insurance company or me suing the freelancer for gross negligence or incompetence in general. Imagine the situation where I get crushed by a log dropped by an over Eger climber (eggsarascal will quote this now) 

I would hate some young lad to read that thread and go "I don't need insurance" and then be a sole trader and have his car taken away because he made a cock up and a company/insurer was suing him for negligence.

All I was really pushing in that thread was to check your position and watch your back, not that you experienced guys didn't know what you're talking about. There's a reason why freelancers are paid more than employees and it's not because they don't have to pay them a pension

Thing is with the trained legal pro is they didn't give me any proof? Didn't reference anything in stone. Just said "that's the way it is" then disappeared 🤷🏼‍♂️ were talking about thousands of pounds of a young lads cash, I want something he can take to court that covers his arse not something that someone on a forum says. I could call myself a barrister but it doesn't mean F all. 

You're a good guy Rich. I just want to discuss things and not be in a d*** size experience competition and you provide discussion

Edited by Paddy1000111
  • Like 1

Joe is a an experienced and respected arborist.
There’s quite a few on here.
Don’t get this forum confused with the Facebook bunch.
🤣🤣🤣🤣[emoji106]

I’m not so sure , having read through some threads on here this evening sadly this forum is in part taking a nose dive.
Too many clowns who nothing about Arb and seemingly don’t want to learn or listen because they know best. Which inevitably de-rails threads into bun fight. Funny sometimes but it’s kinda diluting the forum down towards Facebook levels ..

• Like 2