Covid 19 inconsistencies

Acerforestry

Couldn’t post the link but I think the penny is finally dropping after over 7 months of trying to beat Mother Nature that maybe it ain’t gonna happen. 
Currently sat here watching Sturgeon giving the latest set of restrictions and rules that have been devised behind closed doors and imposed without question. Reality is the arrogance of politicians to think they can defeat a virus with decrees and rules is staggering, I do get the feeling Mother Nature is gonna win this hands down as it has done in every other occasion, how many viruses have we actually eradicated over the years ??? ?‍♂️. This vaccine which will be a money spinner of unparalleled proportions looks to be a total rush job with a zero comeback deal on the table. 
We have been brought up to expect longer and longer life expectancy and a firm belief that modern medicine can fix just about anything. Ie a pill for this and a pill for that, this misguided belief sustains a multi billion pound/dollar industry worldwide. 

A6F2B41C-DE61-4D2C-8D23-9C25E7DAEAF5.png

AA973EA6-0BA2-4534-A8EA-CEB385E84C90.png

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Couldn’t post the link but I think the penny is finally dropping after over 7 months of trying to beat Mother Nature that maybe it ain’t gonna happen. 
Currently sat here watching Sturgeon giving the latest set of restrictions and rules that have been devised behind closed doors and imposed without question. Reality is the arrogance of politicians to think they can defeat a virus with decrees and rules is staggering, I do get the feeling Mother Nature is gonna win this hands down as it has done in every other occasion, how many viruses have we actually eradicated over the years ??? ?‍♂️. This vaccine which will be a money spinner of unparalleled proportions looks to be a total rush job with a zero comeback deal on the table. 
We have been brought up to expect longer and longer life expectancy and a firm belief that modern medicine can fix just about anything. Ie a pill for this and a pill for that, this misguided belief sustains a multi billion pound/dollar industry worldwide. 

A6F2B41C-DE61-4D2C-8D23-9C25E7DAEAF5.png

AA973EA6-0BA2-4534-A8EA-CEB385E84C90.png

Too little too late I think. Cranky seems to have had some kind of breakdown I think. Going backwards isn’t helping anyone. I’m on the more cautious side but I do think we need to be left alone to choose what we do.

• Like 3

A6F2B41C-DE61-4D2C-8D23-9C25E7DAEAF5.thumb.png.ecd5445b698d9a9afc5a3af747cdd4c3.png
AA973EA6-0BA2-4534-A8EA-CEB385E84C90.thumb.png.ed449cf94634315cfc887176a3e647f2.png

“Devised behind closed doors”? Where an how do you suggest a government comes up with these measures? Public vote?[emoji848]

Too little too late I think. Cranky seems to have had some kind of breakdown I think. Going backwards isn’t helping anyone. I’m on the more cautious side but I do think we need to be left alone to choose what we do.

Yeah, let’s just all, individually, do our own thing, because 100% of us have enough common sense, and according to the anti government lobby common sense will save the day. ( ....and it probably would assuming everyone had some.)

12 minutes ago, Mull said:

“Devised behind closed doors”? Where an how do you suggest a government comes up with these measures? Public vote?emoji848.png

Yeah, let’s just all, individually, do our own thing, because 100% of us have enough common sense, and according to the anti government lobby common sense will save the day. ( ....and it probably would assuming everyone had some.)

Fair points.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Mull said:

“Devised behind closed doors”? Where an how do you suggest a government comes up with these measures? Public vote?emoji848.png

On your first point, the issue is that at present, the policy on covid is almost exclusively determined by executive decree. Parliamentary scrutiny has been entirely sidelined. Given the numerous U-turns, cockups and embarrassments, is such great power weilded by so few really the best course?

On your second point, yes, the majority of people are idiots, but mandating adherence to ill-conceived and often illogical restrictions on our personal liberty plainly isn't working. We have the highest case rate in Europe. 

To contextualise the situation, our present infection rate is 25 times higher than it's lowest point in summer. Sweden's has increased 3 fold. Our present infection rate is 2.5 times worse than our April peak. Sweden's is 1/2 of what it was.

My point is that our hugely restrictive lockdowns have acheived absolutely nothing. The economic cost of this continued insistence on an interventionist approach to covid is now into the hundreds of billions, but the Tory's cannot possibly backtrack and reverse policy. To do so would be political suicide. 

This country is utterly fooked. The public finances will never recover from this, and I have no intention of staying here when taxes get increased hugely, whilst at the same time that services are cut, all in an effort to pay for a fatally flawed covid response.

Edited by Big J
  • Like 5

Fair points.

Well, it’s a difficult one eggs, and a really shit one, we have a pandemic, so that’s a bit concerning, do we leave a bit of room in hospitals for the predicted onslaught? At the expense of people on the waiting list for other life threatening diseases? No= let Covid patients die[emoji106]. Yes= let non Covid patients die[emoji106]
Winner winner chicken dinner it is not!

On your first point, the issue is that at present, the policy on covid is almost exclusively determined by executive decree. Parliamentary scrutiny has been entirely sidelined. Given the numerous U-turns, cockups and embarrassments, is such great power weilded by so few really the best course?

So, no scientist intervention and or/no government intervention?

24 minutes ago, Mull said:

I will reply but I’d happily say Big J has put it far more eloquently than I can but here goes anyway.  We are supposed to live in a democracy. I’m happy to look after myself and my family using common sense and judgment. If you on the other hand would rather a room full of Politicians and unaccountable individuals dictate how what and where etc you should do this that or the other then crack on. Let’s face it the whole Lockdown bullshit has achieved very little  other than destroy the economy, put a pile of people out of work and reduce massively people civil liberties and freedoms. 

• Like 3

I will reply but I’d happily say Big J has put it far more eloquently than I can but here goes anyway.  We are supposed to live in a democracy. I’m happy to look after myself and my family using common sense and judgment. If you on the other hand would rather a room full of Politicians and unaccountable individuals dictate how what and where etc you should do this that or the other then crack on. Let’s face it the whole Lockdown bullshit has achieved very little  other than destroy the economy, put a pile of people out of work and reduce massively people civil liberties and freedoms. 

Which civil liberties would you like to enjoy during this pandemic that you have been denied? Do you think the nhs would have coped fine if nothing had changed after pandemic had started.

4 minutes ago, Mull said:

So, no scientist intervention and or/no government intervention?

Quite sure that is not what he said. To put it another way, Scotland has had the most stringent longest lasting and slowest to be relaxed restrictions throughout the UK. Often when in reality the statistics did not in any way justify it. The political game Sturgeon played in a effort to get one over Westminster looks to have been a futile one. 

• Like 1