Looking to buy a Border Terrier

Mike Dempsey

2 hours ago, gary112 said:

Spot on,i reckon Labs are very clever along with Collies,very trainable,beautiful dogs there Spudd

Had a Collie back in the mid 80s that was a very clever dog, and i bit different as it was Grey and white, i will see if i can find a photo of it and post it for you,,,,

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stubby said:

Labs are born half trained and spaniels die half trained . 🙂

Cheers, that comment made my old man snort his tea out. 
They've recently got a new cocker and have had labs for years. 

Edited by Mark J
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, spuddog0507 said:

Had a Collie back in the mid 80s that was a very clever dog, and i bit different as it was Grey and white, i will see if i can find a photo of it and post it for you,,,,

We had one when i was a kid like that,blue merle they call them,pretty looking dogs

• Like 3

1 minute ago, openspaceman said:

I missed mine so much when he died I swore I would not have another dog, now thanks to my granddaughter I have two frenchies and the dalmation cross to look after depending on her shift pattern

I am seriously thinking along the lines of " not another dog " , being 70 next birthday and having had 8 working cockers and one sprocker in my time , with the current one being 5 years old at the mo but , its hard to imagine life without a dog ...

• Like 4

My Cocker Charlie was a rehoming, lovely nature, trust her with children or anyone, never  heard her growl at a human.

Food was an issue and her obsession. 
She would not look backwards if I was being dragged into the pits of hell if the devil put a bacon sandwich in front of her!

Loved coming to work in the van as much as Igor.

2D785C35-F8EF-4BAC-BC2B-B05DFFDFD92F.jpeg

B88293FE-E2B3-4246-B55F-C18D49D25C9E.jpeg

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

My Cocker Charlie was a rehoming, lovely nature, trust her with children or anyone, never  heard her growl at a human.

Food was an issue and her obsession. 
She would not look backwards if I was being dragged into the pits of hell if the devil put a bacon sandwich in front of her!

Loved coming to work in the van as much as Igor.

2D785C35-F8EF-4BAC-BC2B-B05DFFDFD92F.jpeg

B88293FE-E2B3-4246-B55F-C18D49D25C9E.jpeg

I do remember those pics from a while back Mick . He loved you no doubt , after all you were the one providing the food ! ....and the love and the companionship . I get all welled up , even when other peeps post about absent friends . You give them the best life you possibly can .

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I am seriously thinking along the lines of " not another dog " , being 70 next birthday and having had 8 working cockers and one sprocker in my time , with the current one being 5 years old at the mo but , its hard to imagine life without a dog ...

Same boat Stubby. Sixty Eight next time round,  three still.....Gran, Mum and Pup. Pup will be seven soon so the other two don't have a great deal of time left. Probably  find an old rescue JTR to keep her company.

Mine would be a sad life without a dog in the house .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, roboted said:

Mine would be a sad life without a dog in the house .

Its a dilemma innit . I don't want to be selfish and have a dog that I can't do justice to . Its been a huge part of my life having a working spaniel but hey ho ...

• Like 1