Subcontractor work

Jack.P

3 hours ago, Khriss said:

... And by the way  - there is no Number One rule, unless yr one of the idiots who think in Arb or Forestry there is a Number One Rule..... Frankly this pompous crap is tedious.  Glass Houses,   kettle noire    etc .  K

I dunno like.
If you're working for someone then you should direct the punters questions to them.
If you think you can do a better job, then set up on your own, crack on and wait for them to approach you, instead of poaching.
Seems the polite way to do it.
Even if the company is a shitgibbon and the punter is lovely, your contract is with the company, not them.

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Khriss said:

... And by the way  - there is no Number One rule, unless yr one of the idiots who think in Arb or Forestry there is a Number One Rule..... Frankly this pompous crap is tedious.  Glass Houses,   kettle noire    etc .  K

Wise words There ,K

I have been mugged off before with no job payment so know the score .

Even after the latest subcontractor job done I didn’t receive payment in full due to pathetic excuses like ‘’tools being underpowered and working slow in general ‘’ . 

Back with another more professional firm next week on council trees which will be more enjoyable 

1 hour ago, Stere said:

What tools you have argos catalogue ones?

Funny boy.he was referring to hedge cutters /chainsaws

Some of my own tools include.Stihl hsa 86.hs45.hl95 (all sharpened).bg blower

Stihl msa 120 .ht133,ms 150,241,261,391.Stihl brushcutter/husqvarna mowers 

flatbed trailer /small chipper and loads of other various bits 

Edited by Jack.P
/

24 minutes ago, Jack.P said:

Funny boy.he was referring to hedge cutters /chainsaws

Some of my own tools include.Stihl hsa 86.hs45.hl95 (all sharpened).bg blower

Stihl msa 120 ,ms 150,241,261,391.Stihl brushcutter/husqvarna mowers 

flatbed trailer /small chipper and loads of other various bits 

If you got all that, then from the sounds of it, you don't need the other guy. Draw a line under it and move on

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, Stere said:

Dunno what here on about being underpowered  then?

I didn’t get it either .took fair time over the years to be able to be able to buy all that stuff outright so do find it one of the worst insults .

Personally seem to have a talent of finding tight arse clients .

3 hours ago, Jack.P said:

Wise words There ,K

I have been mugged off before with no job payment so know the score .

Even after the latest subcontractor job done I didn’t receive payment in full due to pathetic excuses like ‘’tools being underpowered and working slow in general ‘’ . 

Back with another more professional firm next week on council trees which will be more enjoyable 

Its nowt personal. Think the thread been bombastic enuff. I have had my share of shite from tossers an it is often cos they like pulling people down who try. K

You’re very defensive about how powerful your tools are - it’s frankly a meaningless and ridiculous thing to get your knickers in a twist over. 
This guy seems to know it flicks your switch and uses it against you (I’d imagine he keeps stating it to get you to try and prove him wrong and do the job quicker/cheaper).
He is definitely smarter than you are - try and learn from this episode. 

• Like 2