Have the definitive regulations regarding firewood?

cessna

7 hours ago, AHPP said:

John. Who are you arguing with and about what?

ha ha! Nothing!! I just think it is demented that you all are subjected to this sort of crap, people trying to make you pay £500 a year to be able to sell your own wood.

I had an idea...

So, it only applies to sales of less than 2 cubic metres of the stuff, yes??

What would happen then, if the customer [i presume you all have regulars] signed an invoice for the supply of, say 3 metres of the stuff, but with staged deliveries and payments..

You would all be exempt then!!!!

john..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DanHorrich87 said:

Make sure it's future proofed. Eg DEFRA certified. Alymic-somthing-or-other on here knows latest codes. Of course if you're in the back of beyond then efficiency and compliance may not be your thing 😂

No idea, it is a second hand one. So long as it is not broken i am not worried what defra or anyone else think!!

Fed up of being frozen....

john..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, john87 said:

What would happen then, if the customer [i presume you all have regulars] signed an invoice for the supply of, say 3 metres of the stuff, but with staged deliveries and payments..

Thats exactly the sort of thinking it seems this needs. It's really easy to set up DD payments now, so sell 3 loads, each 1 month apart (or 2 as you see fit). DD payments each month on the day before delivery. Job done. 

I don't sell myself but I have so much at the moment I may just do it & more importantly Im just about to be planting some of our land for SRF for firewood so its interesting to hear the issues look at the options.

11 hours ago, john87 said:

ha ha! Nothing!! I just think it is demented that you all are subjected to this sort of crap, people trying to make you pay £500 a year to be able to sell your own wood.

I had an idea...

So, it only applies to sales of less than 2 cubic metres of the stuff, yes??

You would all be exempt then!!!!

john..

Per delivery not per order.

The 2m3 has to be all at once.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AHPP said:

Where are you and which species are you thinking about?

Were going to go with a mix, especially around the edges to provide nurse trees for shelter but I suspect the bulk will be Taz. Snow Gum (coccifera) as we're quite far north (Durham/N'land border), exposed to the N Pennine weather with plenty of snow fall here, and quite high up. I understand the coccifera can grow a bit straighter than some others albeit less vigously. Id rather have shorter straight trees than tall twisty ones though. We do have one already on site which I think is a swamp peppermint. Its been here around 10y (Didn't plant it myself) and its done very well despite being just plonked on the edge of a field with no shelter from snow and northerly or easterly winds.

Starting with a hectare or so but room to expand if they establish well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Justme said:

Per delivery not per order.

The 2m3 has to be all at once.

I wonder if you could 'deliver' 2m3 but take a cube back to get round the regs?

On a more serious note, with the higher heating bills we are all going to face next winter I would think everyone's time would be better spent trying to encourage people to accept 2m3.

Also keep an eye out for when the consultation starts about regulating even large loads.

• Like 1