Have the definitive regulations regarding firewood?

cessna

21 minutes ago, renewablejohn said:

Think you need to actually read the legislation.  "Delivery" is not the term used its actually "Supply"  Thankfully I will not be paying the woodsure blackmail premium.

No need to read it as I am not pedantic over wording. Means basically the same thing.

Each order delivered or supplied (could be collected) has to be over 2m3. 

Either way its got to be over 2m3 in one go.

No ordering 3m3 but in 6 collections or deliveries.

10 hours ago, Justme said:

No need to read it as I am not pedantic over wording. Means basically the same thing.

Each order delivered or supplied (could be collected) has to be over 2m3. 

Either way its got to be over 2m3 in one go.

No ordering 3m3 but in 6 collections or deliveries.

It pays to be pedantic over words when you can kick this woodsure nonsense into touch.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, renewablejohn said:

It pays to be pedantic over words when you can kick this woodsure nonsense into touch.

Good luck with that. 

Splitting a sale / order/ supply/ delivery. Is not going to get round the rules.

Holding large orders for people and dropping off smaller sections when needed wont cut it.

Each single supply / delivery / collection must be 2m3+ to be exempt and must have their sneaky worded scare tactics note with each supply.

The only way round it is to supply / deliver in units of 2m3 or more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Justme said:

Good luck with that. 

Splitting a sale / order/ supply/ delivery. Is not going to get round the rules.

Holding large orders for people and dropping off smaller sections when needed wont cut it.

Each single supply / delivery / collection must be 2m3+ to be exempt and must have their sneaky worded scare tactics note with each supply.

The only way round it is to supply / deliver in units of 2m3 or more.

Luck has nothing to do with it just proper legal advice rather than hearsay on an arb forum.

• Like 2

I have to agree with this, which words are used in legislation can open up something, which should be relatively simple, to a wide version of interpretations.

But that doesn’t mean it will be easy to prove that a chosen interpretation is valid, it would still need to be tested in a court of law and for the judge to decide it’s correct or whether the “spirit of the legislation” has been broken.

Personally I think you’d be on a hiding to nothing trying to justify your interpretation of the 2 cube rule and it was probably cost you more in legal fees than just paying woodsure.
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gav73 said:

I have to agree with this, which words are used in legislation can open up something, which should be relatively simple, to a wide version of interpretations.

But that doesn’t mean it will be easy to prove that a chosen interpretation is valid, it would still need to be tested in a court of law and for the judge to decide it’s correct or whether the “spirit of the legislation” has been broken.

Personally I think you’d be on a hiding to nothing trying to justify your interpretation of the 2 cube rule and it was probably cost you more in legal fees than just paying woodsure.

Exactly. Legal terms are closed down tightly to very precise meanings. There is no open to interpretation guff. A law, statute or regulation will have its own in built qualified terms too. From my v tiny understand of law, lawyers make their money when there is wriggle room or a disconnect between the rule of law, the spirit of the law and a particular case.

• Like 1

The legislation says that the supply is taken to have taken place 

for these purposes the supply is to be taken to have occurred at the point of sale, or if later, on the dispatch of the fuel;

So if when selling it (ie for collections) or if later dispatching the goods it not 2m3+ you are in breach.

But like most stuff only a court can decide what the law actually means so again good luck on being the test case.

36 minutes ago, Gav73 said:

The only suspect interpretation is in respect of the definition of 2 cube. Is that a solid 2 cube of timber or 2 cube of stacked logs or 2 cube of loose fill. The industry standard method of delivery would suggest loose fill but then imports of timber are normally stacked. My standard is normally two lBC containers so 2.4 cube loose fill.

• Like 1