Have the definitive regulations regarding firewood?

cessna

2 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

That was just a trial run with the new processor. I’ve seen pics with folk making a hat with half the IBC tub. 

Yes I think everyone has pinched Woodworks idea. He really should have patented it. Also needs a couple of tree ties otherwise the first gust of wind and they blow off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, renewablejohn said:

Yes I think everyone has pinched Woodworks idea. He really should have patented it. Also needs a couple of tree ties otherwise the first gust of wind and they blow off.

Not mine. I got the idea the from someone else on Navitron. The chap who had the water wheel on Exmoor (cant remember his name) mentioned cutting up the tanks to make a cover. Think he did it in a less ergonomic way but gave me the spark. 

I push a couple of 1.2m 1x1 sticks under the top of the crate but over the logs and screw it in place. Anything less gets dismantled by the gales here

Edited by Woodworks
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

Not mine. I got the idea the from someone else on Navitron. The chap who had the water wheel on Exmoor (cant remember his name) mentioned cutting up the tanks to make a cover. Think he did it in a less ergonomic way but gave me the spark. 

I push a couple of 1.2m 1x1 sticks under the top of the crate but over the logs and screw it in place. Anything less gets dismantled by the gales here

Stop being so modest your the one that cut it diagonally and the rest is history.

• Like 2

We found there was very little they could do without direct witness evidence of the littering unless items in the waste could be traced back to a commercial undertaking, when chain of custody requirements meant a prosecution could succeed.

Anyway apart from the general consensus that the law could be ignored what has been the effect of the legislation on sales so far?

Has it succeeded in reducing pollution which it seems is acknowledged to have been overstated for wood?

Is less wood being burned?

Have many stopped trading in firewood?
CPL stopped selling site at garage forecourts, kiln dried Latvian and Polish now.

• 1 month later...

Well that was a long & interesting read read start to finish!

I dabbled with selling firewood 10+ years ago but found I was competing with so many numpties with so many interpretations of a load that I stopped.
Just process enough for myself now.

Toying with the idea of selling some of the ARB waste again & using IBC's.

I'm up in Scotland so we don't have Woodsure regs here but I was also wondering if the 2m³ is loose or stacked?

53 minutes ago, Danny Boy said:

I'm up in Scotland so we don't have Woodsure regs here but I was also wondering if the 2m³ is loose or stacked?

Sure its loose volume as read it somewhere in the blurb.

If it was stacked it would make deliveries impossible in many trucks and tippers as they would be over legal payloads. I am right near the limit with 2 wet loose cube on our single cab Hilux

• Like 1