Have the definitive regulations regarding firewood?

cessna

1 hour ago, Stihl123 said:

they are putting together something for those that don't do many logs as i asked them about it.

it would be a bunch of people joining together to share the cost with and still being compliant 

yet another pointless expense 

No, it is the thin end of the wedge, only you all cannot see it. They are seeking to extend things with the aim of making it illegal to sell ANY wood unless approved by them, to give away ANY wood unless approved by them, and to make the burning of ANY wood not approved by them an offence.

You are all going to end up PAYING to dispose of wood, trust me on that, AND, by co-operating, you are just playing into their hands. If you all just forgot about it, NOTHING would happen. We live in a country where the law can be flouted with impunity now. Enforcement is down the the LA, Trust me, the LA have got better things to do and not enough money to go looking at bits of wood..

john..

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 24/01/2022 at 18:25, john87 said:

Let me have a look at my crystal ball a mo....

Ah, it is getting clearer.. Loads of mugs will sign up to this scheme and part with £500 plus the other bills they will get for inspections... It wil be a self sustaining thing, the more mugs, the more money, the more interference [at your expense]

Emboldened by their growing "audience" of mugs paying them, they will have the money to bribe mp's to pass laws meaning that ALL wood can only be burnt is it is licenced by them.. [even you burning YOUR wood on YOUR fire at home]

Now, all you arb types, will find that you have to either;

1, Pay a fortune to dump wood at the local tip.

2, Find that you have to take it to the people that make the wood pellet things, pay THEM to take it off you, and they will sell it at VAST expense to their customers..

There will only be ONE loser.. You lot..

NOBODY will buy your wood just because it says "woodsure" or whatever on it. They will buy what is cheapest from pikeys on Facebook. Do you think the woodsure lot will go to pikey camps??? What do you think...

Just ignore them and it will all die the death.

They are like the telly licence people, all threats no action.. [trust me on that]]

john..

Just ignore them and it will all die the death????? It's a law now, not voluntary 😂 I called and spoke to someone about the changes for us small people and the person I spoke to on the phone said that it's DEFRA that owns it now , Woodsure just administer it. I honestly can't fathom why they are getting so much hate when they're just doing a job they've been told to do? yeah I'm not chuffed about paying for it, but I absolutely agree that it should be enforced as many will get away with selling wet wood, this way we're all in a level playing field and things change all the time. It's it-for-tat and anyone else who doesn't register will getting caught out by our councils as I'm sure other people will dob them in and they'll end up being fined for the cost of what it now is to register. Plus the person on the phone I chatted with acknowled they know of the forums people write on so they can probably see all of your comments about them!

Edited by MajesticEight

6 hours ago, MajesticEight said:

Just ignore them and it will all die the death????? It's a legislation, not a recommendation 😂 I called and spoke to someone about the changes for small suppliers and the person I spoke to on the phone made it very clear that it's a DEFRA run scheme, Woodsure just administer it. I honestly can't fathom why they are receiving so much hate when they're literally just doing a job they've been appointed to do? yeah I'm not chuffed about paying out for it, but I absolutely agree that it should be enforced as many companies get away with selling wet wood, this way we're all in a level playing field - our industry has gone without enforcement for years, this was enevitable .. things change all the time. Get on with it, Christ! Tit-for-tat on this forum, end of the day you and anyone else who doesn't register will be the ones getting caught out by your councils as I'm sure your competitors will dob you in and you'll end up being fined for the cost of what it now is to register. Not rocket since is it?! Plus the person on the phone I chatted with acknowled they know of the forums people write on so they can probably see all of your comments about them! 

Welcome to the forum. Just a word of warning. Some of us use this forum to push political agendas :)

Most of us use it to exchange useful info on kit and fixing it and enjoy the banter. If you're hoping to suggest compliance and civil obedience will carry any weight, may I be the first to wish you a hearty good luck!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, MajesticEight said:

I called and spoke to someone about the changes for small suppliers and the person I spoke to on the phone made it very clear that it's a DEFRA run scheme, Woodsure just administer it. I honestly can't fathom why they are receiving so much hate when they're literally just doing a job they've been appointed to do?

Whilst some of the comments are a bit over the top it's a bit naive to think Woodsure would say anything else. They're getting plenty of cash from hard working folk and I would expect by now their advice to be a bit more accurate. From a consumer point of view they also seem a strange organisation as they appear to be a trades body advertising wood and an enforcement body.

The proof of the pudding will be how many unregistered traders are put out of business, my personal experience of trading standards has been very poor so I'll not hold my breath.

1 hour ago, Paul in the woods said:

Whilst some of the comments are a bit over the top it's a bit naive to think Woodsure would say anything else. They're getting plenty of cash from hard working folk and I would expect by now their advice to be a bit more accurate. From a consumer point of view they also seem a strange organisation as they appear to be a trades body advertising wood and an enforcement body.

The proof of the pudding will be how many unregistered traders are put out of business, my personal experience of trading standards has been very poor so I'll not hold my breath.

I agree with you there, I only looked on this forum for advice for tree surgeons and how to register. I'm not being naive at all just stating the facts which I've read up on various websites and been told from the horses mouth.

I'll be reporting other people in my area because why should I pay and be lawful and them get away with it.

51 minutes ago, MajesticEight said:

I'm not being naive at all just stating the facts which I've read up on various websites and been told from the horses mouth.

As far as I'm aware Woodsure are part of HETAS which are a government appointed and funded body. So to most people I doubt there's much distiction between Woodsure and DEFRA. HETAS say they "work closely with government" so I expect the new regs were drafted with input from HETAS (it would be strange if they weren't) so what you were told be Woodsure seems a bit misleading.

16 hours ago, MajesticEight said:

Just ignore them and it will all die the death????? It's a law now, not voluntary 😂 I called and spoke to someone about the changes for us small people and the person I spoke to on the phone said that it's DEFRA that owns it now , Woodsure just administer it. I honestly can't fathom why they are getting so much hate when they're just doing a job they've been told to do? yeah I'm not chuffed about paying for it, but I absolutely agree that it should be enforced as many will get away with selling wet wood, this way we're all in a level playing field and things change all the time. It's it-for-tat and anyone else who doesn't register will getting caught out by our councils as I'm sure other people will dob them in and they'll end up being fined for the cost of what it now is to register. Plus the person on the phone I chatted with acknowled they know of the forums people write on so they can probably see all of your comments about them!

You must be a mug then mate.. It has nothing to do with DEFRA and DEFRA certainly do not own them either..

As for they look on forums, so what, like i care..

As for you will be reporting people. 1, nothing will happen, and, 2, they will tell the people concerned who it was that reported them, [they have to, data protection act sees to that] so good luck with that one..

john..

Edited by john87
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/02/2022 at 13:33, MajesticEight said:

I'll be reporting other people in my area because why should I pay and be lawful and them get away with it.

Just because some people are not stupid enough to pay into this scheme does not mean they are doing anything unlawful. The rules have been written in such a manner that you can still trade within the rules without having to pay anyone.

• Like 2