Jump to content
Stere

Strimmer to clean slabs/paths etc?

Recommended Posts

Can anyone recommend  a strimmer head to clean weeds from paths etc

 

 

 

I often just use regular strimmer line but wondering if there better options attachments etc?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Stere we uuse a Brushcutter with guides an abrasive 3M paint stripper  pad, on it for cleaning Oak debris off rail.  Think they fit or can be made to fit.  K

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would Just spray them off then rake it up a few weeks later .

what about those power broom type things for a Stihl kombi? That would be less damaging to the paving etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jack.P said:

I would Just spray them off then rake it up a few weeks later .

what about those power broom type things for a Stihl kombi? That would be less damaging to the paving etc 

Yea but you have to buy a Stihl Kombi, an they are crap.  K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are right though some kombi models not that great . recently bought a mantis tiller which can take a similar brush .i might experiment with that . J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to strim weeds on block paving and do with a normal line. You get through line quickly and the heads wear as well.
Your post got me thinking and digging about. Have you seen ones like below. Would be interested to try I think

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

It is simple and convenient to connect the mower;. This kind of steel brush is mainly suitable for deburring, dust removal, oxide removal, cleaning and polishing accessories. Made of high quality steel wire, durable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stewmo said:

I have to strim weeds on block paving and do with a normal line. You get through line quickly and the heads wear as well.
Your post got me thinking and digging about. Have you seen ones like below. Would be interested to try I think
 

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

It is simple and convenient to connect the mower;. This kind of steel brush is mainly suitable for deburring, dust...

It should be remembered these are not approved accessories for the strimmer so as with the broggio chain heads are technically banned from use

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

I wonder where all the line worn off ends up

Ditto

 

Can you imagine if a dog walks over the area shortly after it has been treated with one of those - it's paws would be like a pin cushion!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, waterbuoy said:

Ditto

 

Can you imagine if a dog walks over the area shortly after it has been treated with one of those - it's paws would be like a pin cushion!

That too but I was considering the plastic one rather than the link he gave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.