Why does everything go wrong now

Dean Lofthouse

I believe there is a fair bit of snow forecast for Sunday, and no sign of any warmer weather.

So we could be in for more problems.

I'm thinking I may just go for it next week and just accept that I'll have to go round most of the jobs after the snow has gone for a bit of a tidy up.

People always think mogs are great in snow, which they are, but in ice it can be terrifying!! 10.5tonnes sliding out of control ain't good!!! and if we have the trailer on its even worse!!!!!!

I think I need some chains!!!!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm so skint now! If I start work next monday (unlikely) then I will still have 2 weeks before I get paid or get it cleared in the bank! I've had everything owed to me as well so nothing coming in!

Christmas is a pain! The only way to be prepared is to have enough in the bank to not worry about it and go on holidy for january, but then you might miss those vital site clearance jobs that come along for february!

I believe there is a fair bit of snow forecast for Sunday, and no sign of any warmer weather.

I'm thinking I may just go for it next week and just accept that I'll have to go round most of the jobs after the snow has gone for a bit of a tidy up.

People always think mogs are great in snow, which they are, but in ice it can be terrifying!! 10.5tonnes sliding out of control ain't good!!! and if we have the trailer on its even worse!!!!!!

In the states they offer a discount off the quote for no clear up and the option to have them come back in the spring to clear up instead. Most customers (so I'm told) take the discount and do the clear up them selves. (Only final racking etc not full clear clear up!)

down to canvey island on monday just gone, finished clearing last power line map wednesday morning and no more work in till this monday,but just informed might be stood down till week on monday due to incoming weather, snow is for christmas cards and not for subbies.:thumbdown:

Any one fancy a north east sledging comp:lol:

Thats the trouble driving now isnt it, Its not the snow, Its the 3 inch of solid ice that the snow is on top of :sneaky2:

Its just winding me up now, all this snowy, icy weather. havent worked since the week before xmas, the work planned for this week postponed, next week looking much the same. I went over my Grans (96) today, collected all her groceries on the way, took the quad as it was the safest way to travel on untreated, uncleared country roads, only about 15miles ech way, but I didnt want my Mum (who's getting on herself) driving in crappy conditions. spoke to her neighbours to make sure they could just pop in and check on her, and left contact details. And we havent had the quantity of snow that other areas have had, I feel for you guys.