UK Work Force.

5 shires

2 hours ago, Khriss said:

When i have worked with East Europeans. They graft. Bit dodgy in a few ways but once i worked out what 'wanker' was in Rumanian, we got  on fine. Not suprised farmers prefer them. K

( most 18 - 36 yr old in UK are self entitled lazy shits - present company excepted of course) 

I’d have thought the sign language would be fairly universal K?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jack.P said:

Main problem is it’s skunk and X boxes only appeals to students and teenagers 

Some also know how to play the system and there not much worse off just sitting doing nothing on there arses .

Slight correction there mate ? K

32 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I’d have thought the sign language would be fairly universal K?

Dont get me wrong  ( an no it isn't Kev. Euro signs are very different)  they are good. Any shortcomings is educational written stuff. Would always give a pair a go. We have couple Polish lads on and same issue, work hard but communication is the bottle neck, time n patience pays off tho' K

6 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

It's bullshit.
A political move.
160 people....
Flown in...
It's a windup.
Carefully designed to enrage the daily mail and sun readers.
So they get jobs in the fields to stop the foreigners.
Why else would every news outlet cover the story or this?????
emoji848.png?emoji106.png

If its carefully designed to wind up the Daily Mail and Sun readers only why would every news outlet need cover it? 

6 hours ago, Squaredy said:

I do not know anyone who does a physically demanding job for eight or ten hours a day and is happy with it.  As a stop gap maybe but nothing else.

I do a physically demanding job for 12-16 hours a day. Granted its not every day as I have my off-period and some days we're doing bugger all, but I have no aspirations of doing anything else. Tried working in the office and struggle to keep my eyes open (literally) during the boring and pointless meetings. 

• Like 4

Tbh comments about the youth of today not wanting work were bandied about when I was a youngster, and I am in my 60s now, so nothing new there then, and that was at a time when thousands of not so young workers spent more time striking over petty issues than they did working. Its very easy to generalise., generally some youngsters are like that, but there again so are some adults.

I read a post from a guy a few days ago on social media. He delivers mobile homes / caravans to farms for foreign labour to live in. Ex site and some of them not fit to put your dog in. The "agency" for one of the farms was a gangmaster, up to 8 sharing accommodation, £50 a week rent apiece. Pay after deductions£4-5/hr. They were  even discouraged to use electric heating in caravans because the gangmaster had the monopoly on gas sales. If you don't like it find your own way home. Its quite easy to knock the Uk workers for not wanting to do the job, but when you consider the financial return , locality etc. its more than just an unwillingness to work. A lot of these jobs are seasonal , low paid in out of the way places. Even a tenner an hour doesn't go far to sustain a family, and quite frankly someone in that position would be worth more to sit at home.

Edited by ESS
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1