Covid-19

Baldbloke

4 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

But we both know, and Im sure the Government are well aware that R wont be kept down with the new relaxed regulations. There is already reports that its failing. chasing that Herd Immunity. :D 

Well it will certainly be failing. The difference in movement and people on the street in groups near me compared with last week is huge.
My next door neighbour is currently preparing for a family garden party (16th Birthday) and 95,000 plus international travel passengers have arrived in the UK since the so called lock down. Herd immunity it is then.

• Like 1

A little girl was leaning into a lion's cage.

Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the collar of her jacket and tries to pull her inside to slaughter her, all under the eyes of her screaming parents.

A biker jumps off his Harley, runs to the cage and hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch.

Whimpering from the pain, the lion jumps back, letting go of the girl, and the biker brings the girl to her terrified parents, who thank him endlessly.

A BBC reporter, Laura Kuenssberg, has watched the whole event.

Laura, addressing the Harley rider says, "Sir, this was the most gallant and bravest thing I've seen a man do in my whole life.”

The Harley rider replies, "Why, it was nothing, really. The lion was behind bars. I just saw this little kid in danger, and acted as I felt right.”

Miss Kuenssberg "Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm a BBC journalist, you know, and tomorrow's news will run this story. So, what do you do for a living, and what political affiliation do you have?”

The biker replies "I'm a British Army veteran, a Conservative and I voted for Brexit”.

The journalist leaves.

The following morning the biker turns on BBC News to see if it indeed brings news of his actions.

BBC Headline: RIGHT WING UK VETERAN ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT & STEALS HIS LUNCH.

And THAT pretty much sums up the BBC's approach to the news these days.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

So true it's sad...

Ever notice how the media add little subliminal misdirections visual and verbal, to push their agenda? Example, there was a headline this morning on Breakingnews.ie about the Irish government thinking about buying a military cargo plane (we don't have any planes). They're thinking maybe last year's model, probably cost about ten million. Above the headline is a photo of a fighter jet (with the caption "photo - fighter jet")

Now, a casual reader will see the jet, and think "That's what the fuckers want to spend our taxes on? A fighter jet?? A single one? What the hell good will that do the country....?)

And I would agree, and thought the same, until I read further and noticed it's a cargo plane they want, not a jet. And which would certainly be of more all-round value to the state. The intentional deception is sickening.

Another one was reporting on the latest failed refugee stabbing rampage in France. A Moroccan. Under the article is a link to another lone article - to paraphrase - "White rednecks murder black guy in America" - just to balance it out, you see, lest you forget for a minute that whites are murderous racist scum. No mention of the other American black guy that murdered an elderly white couple in a cemetery around the same time, of course, that's not news worth reporting. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

A little girl was leaning into a lion's cage.

Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the collar of her jacket and tries to pull her inside to slaughter her, all under the eyes of her screaming parents.

A biker jumps off his Harley, runs to the cage and hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch.

Whimpering from the pain, the lion jumps back, letting go of the girl, and the biker brings the girl to her terrified parents, who thank him endlessly.

A BBC reporter, Laura Kuenssberg, has watched the whole event.

Laura, addressing the Harley rider says, "Sir, this was the most gallant and bravest thing I've seen a man do in my whole life.”

The Harley rider replies, "Why, it was nothing, really. The lion was behind bars. I just saw this little kid in danger, and acted as I felt right.”

Miss Kuenssberg "Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm a BBC journalist, you know, and tomorrow's news will run this story. So, what do you do for a living, and what political affiliation do you have?”

The biker replies "I'm a British Army veteran, a Conservative and I voted for Brexit”.

The journalist leaves.

The following morning the biker turns on BBC News to see if it indeed brings news of his actions.

BBC Headline: RIGHT WING UK VETERAN ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT & STEALS HIS LUNCH.

And THAT pretty much sums up the BBC's approach to the news these days.

The silence in the media regarding the number of illegal immigrants crossing the channel is deafening. 
What’s maddening is the fact they are brought ashore once and if  intercepted mid channel. 
The media won’t even call them what they are ie Illegal,  instead it refers to them as immigrants. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

The silence in the media regarding the number of illegal immigrants crossing the channel is deafening. 
What’s maddening is the fact they are brought ashore once and if  intercepted mid channel. 
The media won’t even call them what they are ie Illegal,  instead it refers to them as immigrants. 

Farage gets “a visit” (and in their parlance, ‘words of advice’) from plod for going to Bognor to report on illegal economic migration and international serious organised crime - not to mention the inherent health risk to Border force / police / medical services personnel associated with those activities - and the general public - yet the likes of BBC (and others) can stand outside Dowing Street to present a report where the location of the reporter brings absolutely no added value to the story being presented. 

It’s utter bollox, but comes as no surprise. 

Having been on the receiving end of ‘words of advice’ from plod on several occasions, I can personally attest to the immense satisfaction that can be derived from replying that their ‘advice’ is neither invited, welcome nor even relevant. It is after all just an opinion and you know what they say about opinions ?

From my playing days I well recall the ‘media’ not even being able to get simple detail like final scores and scoring player details correct.  Not worth a monkeys toss. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Haironyourchest said:

Ever notice how the media add little subliminal misdirections

Not even particularly subtle most of the time. 

Take the work scenario since ‘lock-down.’  

The vast, almost overwhelmingly consistent, media message has been that only ‘key-workers’ should have been going to work. So much so that people have pretty consistently sucked up that narrative - to the point of declaring the intention of ‘grassing up’ their neighbours for going to work as I saw on the village FB page last night. 

It’s utter rubbish, the message has been crystal clear from the get-go. 

Work from home if possible, travel to work if you can’t work from home. No ambiguity there but if you suckled at the teat of TV, radio and print media you wouldn’t realise. 

I would just say, Majeed Narwaz on LBC has been an almost lone voice of reason from the outset. 

• Like 3

Not even particularly subtle most of the time. 

Take the work scenario since ‘lock-down.’  

The vast, almost overwhelmingly consistent, media message has been that only ‘key-workers’ should have been going to work. So much so that people have pretty consistently sucked up that narrative - to the point of declaring the intention of ‘grassing up’ their neighbours for going to work as I saw on the village FB page last night. 

It’s utter rubbish, the message has been crystal clear from the get-go. 

Work from home if possible, travel to work if you can’t work from home. No ambiguity there but if you suckled at the teat of TV, radio and print media you wouldn’t realise. 

I would just say, Majeed Narwaz on LBC has been an almost lone voice of reason from the outset. 
I've also been watching the BBC and thinking that they don't seem aware of the guidance.

Maybe we need Points of View back so we can write in 'why oh why do the BBC ....
  • Haha 2