Covid-19

Baldbloke

14 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

Ie - herd immunity. It’s been the plan from the start, is still the only way out at present, and isn’t as big a deal as the scaremongering press have made it out to be. 
I still maintain this is where the government are taking us, they are just no longer able to say so.

One take on it. Nice interactive chart on this page 

FIVETHIRTYEIGHT.COM

Daniel Arlein has already had COVID-19. In March, the 36-year-old small business owner and DJ, who lives in Brooklyn, tested...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

One take on it. Nice interactive chart on this page 

FIVETHIRTYEIGHT.COM

Daniel Arlein has already had COVID-19. In March, the 36-year-old small business owner and DJ, who lives in Brooklyn, tested...

Without a Vaccine, Herd Immunity won't save us? 

So if no vaccine is found we're all doomed? Hardly, it kills such a small percentage of the population as it is. If nothing else maybe people will start taking better care of their own health from now on. The UK's general attitude to exercise and diet is shocking. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

So if no vaccine is found we're all doomed? Hardly, it kills such a small percentage of the population as it is. If nothing else maybe people will start taking better care of their own health from now on. The UK's general attitude to exercise and diet is shocking. 

That is true. The UK is just about the fattest and unhealthiest country in Europe. I'll get slated (as I have before) for saying it, but take a flight back from Scandinavia and you can pick out almost every Brit just by looking at them. 

As they say, prevention is the best cure and given that obesity has been classifed as a serious risk factor by many nations, in terms of likelihood of severe complications from Covid-19, being thinner and healthier is a no brainer. 

• Like 1

Just now, Big J said:

That is true. The UK is just about the fattest and unhealthiest country in Europe. I'll get slated (as I have before) for saying it, but take a flight back from Scandinavia and you can pick out almost every Brit just by looking at them. 

As they say, prevention is the best cure and given that obesity has been classifed as a serious risk factor by many nations, in terms of likelihood of severe complications from Covid-19, being thinner and healthier is a no brainer. 

Im often embarrassed coming back from Norway or Sweden (flight via Copenhagen) if there is a mix of Brits and Scandinavians on there. The British Oafishness, perma-drunk, reeking of Smoke and generally over weight and in a Tracksuit. :/ 

One look at any UK high street and half the shops are boarded up and you have Smack Heads hanging around outside the Chemists waiting on their legal fix and Dole Bums just generally milling around. Its such a stark contrast walking around a ciry or town in Norway. 

Saying that in Oslo we had a City Center Hotel and the kids took great delight in watching the Hookers ply their trade. Finding a Jon, bringing him back to the van, Curtains close and 5 minutes later he's on his way again. :D 

• Haha 1

As Ive said, Im really not fussed about catching it. So I've basically stopped acting like it exists. [emoji3] Not once have I used sanitizer on Shopping trollys, and Im shopping every other day at least. Im popping into town each and every day. Taxis, flights, you name it. Still cant seem to bloody catch it though. [emoji3] 
The flip side of this Andy is that if you have it without knowing then you are doing your best to spread it around, which may not be what the people around you want. Maybe be prepared that someone might be upset with you.
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I posted as a follow up on yesterday as the interactive chart shows how you cant get herd immunity quickly keeping the R down as the government has promised it will.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan Maynard said:
14 hours ago, trigger_andy said:
As Ive said, Im really not fussed about catching it. So I've basically stopped acting like it exists. emoji3.png Not once have I used sanitizer on Shopping trollys, and Im shopping every other day at least. Im popping into town each and every day. Taxis, flights, you name it. Still cant seem to bloody catch it though. emoji3.png 

The flip side of this Andy is that if you have it without knowing then you are doing your best to spread it around, which may not be what the people around you want. Maybe be prepared that someone might be upset with you.

How am I spreading it around? Im in isolation in a Hotel Room? I also asked the Taxi Driver where he wanted me to sit, he said the front as he's no fussed either. The Lads when Milling where no fussed as I asked them. I dont wash the shopping trolly before I use them as I dont care if I catch the Rona from others yet its other peoples responsibility to wash it after me if they dont want it. I keep my social distancing out of respect for others. I simply dont mind if I get it. Im certainly not passing it on to others who dont want it. 

2 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

I posted as a follow up on yesterday as the interactive chart shows how you cant get herd immunity quickly keeping the R down as the government has promised it will.

But we both know, and Im sure the Government are well aware that R wont be kept down with the new relaxed regulations. There is already reports that its failing. chasing that Herd Immunity. :D