Jump to content
AHPP

The Cooking Thread

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, AHPP said:

Thirty seconds a side from when the teflon starts bubbling. Any longer is cowardice.

you spoiled it by not using a seasoned cast iron skillet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, openspaceman said:

you spoiled it by not using a seasoned cast iron skillet

It's that or Tempilaq.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When they ask how I want my steak I always reply “So a good vet could bring it back”

People who ask for it well done should be given a plate of turkey dinosaurs and postman pat spaghetti

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_1637877889.437757.jpg

Partridge kebabs.

Boiled a partridge, pulled the meat off, fried it with chilli, garlic, coarse black pepper (use a coffee grinder), turmeric and cumin. The cumin was ready ground but I’d love to try it with toasted seeds. I like a gritty kebab, like the ones I basically lived on in Germany in 2007 when the decade-old-meat scandal was raging.
That laid on some breadstuff.
Next layer is red cabbage and red onion, steeped in white vinegar for the tang, balsamic vinegar for the sweetness and sea salt because I needed to empty a mug of it somewhere.
Last layer lettuce then top with siracha and yogurt+mint from the squeezy bottle you get at a takeaway (middle aisle of Aldi).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AHPP said:

IMG_1637877889.437757.jpg

Partridge kebabs.

Boiled a partridge, pulled the meat off, fried it with chilli, garlic, coarse black pepper (use a coffee grinder), turmeric and cumin. The cumin was ready ground but I’d love to try it with toasted seeds. I like a gritty kebab, like the ones I basically lived on in Germany in 2007 when the decade-old-meat scandal was raging.
That laid on some breadstuff.
Next layer is red cabbage and red onion, steeped in white vinegar for the tang, balsamic vinegar for the sweetness and sea salt because I needed to empty a mug of it somewhere.
Last layer lettuce then top with siracha and yogurt+mint from the squeezy bottle you get at a takeaway (middle aisle of Aldi).
 

Sounds good,partridge is very tasty,get them and pheasant on tap this time of year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gary112 said:

Sounds good,partridge is very tasty,get them and pheasant on tap this time of year

I'll go back to cooking some when I know the shoot uses steel shot

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  •  

  • Featured Adverts

  • Tip site reviews

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.