Lock Down?

5 shires

15 minutes ago, spudulike said:

This virus has killed thousands and infected millions, it has wiped billions off the stock market impacting on all our pensions, savings etc. It will impact all our lives for years to come both financially and possibly through our health.

Current info is that it emanated from a fish market in Wuhan China and is closely linked to a virus found in bats and less so from a Pangolin so the illegal animal markets for Chinese food appear to be the prime cause.

My view is that after this has been brought under control and the scientists have strong agreed evidence as to the exact cause, all countries need to get together and send in a task force similar to Nuclear disarmament/chemical weapons investigators to China to police the causes and ensure it doesn't happen again. The Chinese wont do this as has been shown with their reluctance to tell the rest of the world that yet again, another virus is coming our way.

The next one may wipe out 50%+ of the population and our Governments should be looking to pushing home the point that what has happened is totally unacceptable and needs action to ensure it never happens again.

Spud all what you say is spot on and a new virus maybe here sooner then we think,those evil bastards are still having there open air animal markets and have live dogs and other animals ready to be killed,chopped up and eaten,they are a evil race and no one can tell me any different that if a human being can kill a dog and roast it then in my book there is something seriously wrong with them.

• Like 1

Just now, 5 shires said:

if a human being can kill a dog and roast it then in my book there is something seriously wrong with them.

They dont even wait til its dead. Same with the fur trade, rip the skin off the animals and throw them writhing on a pile to die a slow agonizing death. Its one one of the worst things Ive ever seen. 

China and also North Korea like to present this image that they are powerful, successful and their regime is far better than anyone else. What they don't like is negative publicity and infecting the future King of England is far from positive by anyone's standards. 

The response to China is simple, cut down on globalization and hit them where it hurts. Their economy isn't quite as successful as it seems. They have pushed the boundaries on expansion and have now infected most of the world.....their customers, depleted much of the western worlds wealth with this near fatal virus.  

I am and this is not racist but strongly believe in fixing a route cause so no future issues arise again.

I come from a manufacturing background and know you need acceptance of the route cause by ALL, you can then move on to put systems in place to ensure this doesn't happen again or at least lessen the odds significantly.

If we don't do something, we will continue to get these health issues as doing the same thing will result in the same outcome!

• Like 6

Uk lost over 19, 000 mostly young men on the first day of the Somme. 125 000 British died at the Somme. 

My guess is under 6000 dead from novel corona virus this year in Uk. So worse things have happened.

A new virus seems less of a worry to me than a full blown nuclear war. 

If China wants Taiwan and Russia wants a bigger garden too, whose to stop them?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tree-fancier123 said:

My guess is under 6000 dead from novel corona virus this year in Uk. So worse things have happened.

And it could be argued that 75% of them would have died this year anyway. So yes, worse things have happened. 

9 minutes ago, tree-fancier123 said:

A new virus seems less of a worry to me than a full blown nuclear war. 

Of course, but what in your mind is pushing us to that precipices? 

28 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Of course, but what in your mind is pushing us to that precipices? 

It just seems the gear they've got now, hypersonic delivery systems that cant be shot down etc, if there are threats of a robust response to some expansionist incursion or whatever, then brinkmanship is taken to a whole new level. Without the nuclear threat I don't think NATO would have sat and watched Crimea go. Iran are probably taking advantage of the pandemic to ramp up enrichment and squirrel the goodies away.

13 minutes ago, tree-fancier123 said:

It just seems the gear they've got now, hypersonic delivery systems that cant be shot down etc, if there are threats of a robust response to some expansionist incursion or whatever, then brinkmanship is taken to a whole new level. Without the nuclear threat I don't think NATO would have sat and watched Crimea go. Iran are probably taking advantage of the pandemic to ramp up enrichment and squirrel the goodies away.

Aye, fair enough, Worlds gone to hell in a handbasket . 

There is zero the average man can do about that, and if the shit hits that fan, well, we'd barely register it before we have a factor 5 million sun tan. 

But if the world stopped pretending China is not responsible for C-19 and most likely the next pandemic for the sake of political correctness we'll keep having them, and maybe the next one wont be so far away, and maybe it will be a lot worse. Maybe we wont have  recovered sufficiently from this one by the time the next hits. That alone could expedite a nuclear war if one of the countries you mentioned uses it as leverage to make their next move.  

Some may say this is another Tinfoil Hat comment, but thankfully they have me on ignore. :D 

Edited by trigger_andy
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Aye, fair enough, Worlds gone to hell in a handbasket . 

There is zero the average man can do about that, and if the shit hits that fan, well, we'd barely register it before we have a factor 5 million sun tan. 

But if the world stopped pretending China is not responsible for C-19 and most likely the next pandemic for the sake of political correctness we'll keep having them, and maybe the next one wont be so far away, and maybe it will be a lot worse. Maybe we wont have  recovered sufficiently from this one by the time the next hits. That alone could expedite a nuclear war if one of the countries you mentioned uses it as leverage to make their next mood.  

Some may say this is another Tinfoil Hat comment, but thankfully they have me on ignore. :D 

To an extent I agree.

I was watching a TED talk the other night with a lady who was saying that if we (as the human race) keep pushing into areas where humans have never been before (or indeed, if there have been there, they've been socially isolated), then we are going to keep uncovering unknown (to science) pathogens that have the potential to cause pandemics. 

The issue I suppose with China, and how it differs from most of the rest of the world is that the rest of the world would discover a new species and marvel at it's uniqueness, it's extraordinary development, it's quintessential ineffability. The Chinese would probably wonder whether it would go best with soy or black bean sauce. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Big J said:

To an extent I agree.

I was watching a TED talk the other night with a lady who was saying that if we (as the human race) keep pushing into areas where humans have never been before (or indeed, if there have been there, they've been socially isolated), then we are going to keep uncovering unknown (to science) pathogens that have the potential to cause pandemics. 

The issue I suppose with China, and how it differs from most of the rest of the world is that the rest of the world would discover a new species and marvel at it's uniqueness, it's extraordinary development, it's quintessential ineffability. The Chinese would probably wonder whether it would go best with soy or black bean sauce. ?

Someone just sent me a clip of a Chinese man (might not be Chinese, I never seen his passport) Remove a nest from a tree and started leisurely snacking on the baby chicks inside it. Just popped one in his mouth one after the other and happily chewed away on them. Its such a stark contrast to anything we'd consider normal or acceptable here in the West. 

Interesting point regarding pathogens. I sometimes think we deserve a real pandemic. 

• Like 1