Covid-19

Ratman

Have Pfizer et al discovered a way to accelerate time? Like, compressing five years into a month?..... I wonder. Still, it'll probably be alright, it's not like science ever got it badly wrong before...anyway, the vax recipients are monitored for adverse reactions after the dose. 15 minutes. If an experimental gene therapy is going to do you damage, it's definitely going to happen within 15 minutes. We know this for a certainty, cos, you know, computer models and stuff.

Edited by Haironyourchest
  • Like 2

the 15 min watching after vax is for severe life threatening reactions to its contents, ie things leading to anaphlaxis which is obviously bad!

so have had the pfizer about 4 weeks ago and had mega small reactions as expected, 

arm wasnt too impressed the next day - normal every vax i have had

felt tired for 24hrs - million miles better than the typhiod jab i had yrs ago which put me in bed for a day

site had a wee lump which was tender to touch for few days but hey ho thats sod all.

On 15/02/2021 at 12:35, Johnsond said:

So you are saying that BAME Doctors having witnessed first hand and knowing the true risks and consequences of catching covid  are choosing not to take the vaccine for religious reasons  and whatever they see on social media. What question did I ask that I apparently answered 🙄

I recall back in the days when smoking was common, being amazed at the numbers of medical staff puffing away outside hospitals, I guess you have never seen a fat nurse? And there's an old joke, when the Dr asks how much you drink, the easy answer is "less than you".

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

I recall back in the days when smoking was common, being amazed at the numbers of medical staff puffing away outside hospitals, I guess you have never seen a fat nurse? And there's an old joke, when the Dr asks how much you drink, the easy answer is "less than you".

Last year I was at Minor Injuries on account of having dropped something on my foot, and the number of enormous orderly type women in their 50s pushing trolleys around was incredible. The trolleys were full of medical supplies, but I couldn't help but feel that they were as much to help the staff members actually move around.

• Like 3

Last year I was at Minor Injuries on account of having dropped something on my foot, and the number of enormous orderly type women in their 50s pushing trolleys around was incredible. The trolleys were full of medical supplies, but I couldn't help but feel that they were as much to help the staff members actually move around.
I've noticed the same with a lot of ambulance people and nurses too, an awful lot of bloaters around. It's just a sign of how endemic it is in this country I guess. (Present company excepted!)
I caught a bit of some Highland Zoo prog in TV last night. There was some kind of staff charity Tug-of-war thing going on. I was struck by how many of them were on the large side. Pretty much all of the 10 or so on either side that I could see. It really is the new normal. People with a healthy body shape are often in the minority in some contexts these days.
  • Like 2

There's still a hell of a lot of people outside our local hospital puffing away. Most look like patients though these days. The doctors are probably still doing it but hidden away round the back somewhere!

2 hours ago, skyhuck said:

Yep seen loads of obese NHS staff. 

1 hour ago, skyhuck said:

So they are not necessarily the best example of healthy choices.

Nope I guess it isn’t although I’m struggling to get the point you are pushing. but seeing as the country is locked down to protect us and as is quoted often the NHS from  this virus and it’s supposed transmissibility and lethality it does seem to be a bit strange that highly educated doctors regardless of their religion are not rushing to take up the offer of a vaccination. 

2 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Nope I guess it isn’t although I’m struggling to get the point you are pushing. but seeing as the country is locked down to protect us and as is quoted often the NHS from  this virus and it’s supposed transmissibility and lethality it does seem to be a bit strange that highly educated doctors regardless of their religion are not rushing to take up the offer of a vaccination. 

He's just trying to bait you into an admission that as there is a large number of over weight staff within the NHS and also a  portion of Doctors that smoke there is no conclusion to be drawn from the fact there is an incredibly high number of medical professionals who for one reason or another are not taking the Vaccine. 

Its yet another example of the false equivalency fallacy and a refusal to examine or recognise that there might be a more genuine reason for that than ''well they smoke too!''

Edited by trigger_andy