Covid-19

Ratman

Can we please set up the window cleaner with Mark's accountant.

I won't be able to sleep tonight thinking that he will have a massive tax bill to pay, as he's making so much money. The poor guy just can't spend it fast enough, and there's not any room left for him to buy more equipment in his 1 bed flat in paisley.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well it is the Tories and since they cba feeding hungry kids making sure the NHS doesnt see that £22 billion isnt going to bother them one bit. I agree it is criminal but no doubt it will be brushed under the carpet, £22 Billion is a hell of a lot of money though! Ive heard nothing about HS2 but if that doesnt get shelved especially since in the current climate it will be needed less than ever then that can go down as another criminal act, must be around the £80 Billion mark that they can save by axing it.

Hopefully we will be seeing the end of lockdown within the next month or so as although it helps with controlling the spread of the virus it is indeed devastating for all of us.

Wasting £22 billion on a corrupt pandemic response scheme is bad enough. But for that massive failure to have played a part tens of thousands of people losing their lives and been a significant factor in the financial ruin of hundreds of thousands more is truly criminal.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mark J said:

She's hard work but worth it. You should get one. Accounts are a bout a quid a day as a sole trader, about two quid a day for limited company.

image.thumb.png.46c5e3086a4eb4250c86cf6e5205fe71.png

£2 a day as a limited company!!! Seriously 
Vat returns, running a payroll too if you are employing people etc etc 

1 minute ago, Johnsond said:

£2 a day as a limited company!!! Seriously 
Vat returns, running a payroll too if you are employing people etc etc 

Aye.

£500.00-ish for a bog standard ltd company who hire in subbies. 
£750.00-ish for VAT returns and payroll. Payroll is priced on a per-person basis.

That's the going rate.

Andy, this is a Covid thread, can we get back on track please?

You constantly berate lockdown and the fact we have had massive death figures.

I totally agree, both are shite.

You then constantly bang on about Norway being the land of the free, no masks, no lockdowns, much better death figures.

Again, I totally agree, you are right.

My problem, and I think it is actually a World problem, is that you can’t give a single reason what the fuck we should do about it is?

If you knew front line ICU staff in the SE, what they are going through, and have been going through, since last March, maybe you’d hum a different tune?

They are stretched tight as a drum.

Lockdown is really about protecting the NHS, not the over 80’s who have had their lives.

Lockdown is shite, I hate it, but I truly believe we’d be much worse without it.

Stop banging on about Norway, get your brain to work here and give us solutions, not problems.

I’m not digging you mate, anyone on Arbtalk who has met me will will vouch for the fact that I’m a boozy opinionated twat, and I will happily buy you a pint of overpriced beer at a show some day.

Until then Andy, please just look at other people’s experiences of the pandemic rather than just as your own.

Most of my mates have been like you, covid is fuck-all, or hellish cold, asymptomatic, the four now dead were maybe heading that way anyway, but don’t take this thing lightly.

• Like 9

You constantly berate lockdown and the fact we have had massive death figures.
I totally agree, both are shite.
You then constantly bang on about Norway being the land of the free, no masks, no lockdowns, much better death figures.
Again, I totally agree, you are right.

My problem, and I think it is actually a World problem, is that you can’t give a single reason what the **************** we should do about it is?
If you knew front line ICU staff in the SE, what they are going through, and have been going through, since last March, maybe you’d hum a different tune?
They are stretched tight as a drum.
Lockdown is really about protecting the NHS, not the over 80’s who have had their lives.

Lockdown is shite, I hate it, but I truly believe we’d be much worse without it.

Stop banging on about Norway, get your brain to work here and give us solutions, not problems.

I’m not digging you mate, anyone on Arbtalk who has met me will will vouch for the fact that I’m a boozy opinionated twat, and I will happily buy you a pint of overpriced beer at a show some day.

Until then Andy, please just look at other people’s experiences of the pandemic rather than just as your own.

Most of my mates have been like you, covid is ****************-all, or hellish cold, asymptomatic, the four now dead were maybe heading that way anyway, but don’t take this thing lightly.

Empathy defecit.

14 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Mark, I know Im a wee bit vocal but Im certainly not the only one going off track here. Mark J is now in a side discussion about how much we should be paying for an accountant and for what services for a start. YoungStu picking up my (relevent) comment regarding what this lock-down is doing to our children and yes, it took a side track, but there's more than one person involved in that. Then Im replying to folk who are throwing toys out of the pram because someone else piped up that we should be feeding every dossers kids in the UK and I think we should not be. 

But its all my fault I see. Who knew I was so influential? 

And Im sorry but I'll keep mentioning how other countries are handling Covid. Since Norway is the only one that I have first hand knowledge of, and since they are our neighbors and have virtually the same genetic make-up as us, and are handling the crisis in a completely different way I believe its relevant. Since you (and others) ask me how I think we in the UK should handle the crisis can I just take this opportunity to say. Like Norway. Really, simple as that. Its working here, why can no one tell me why it would not work in he UK? Why can cities full of people manage to go around packed stores and not wear masks? Why can they pack out Ski Centers and not wear masks? Why are all the restaurants open with no one wearing masks? No one can answer me, like you they'd rather not even consider that another possibility for managing this crisis is right on our door step. 

And no offence, but if you find my post that bad why not join your mucker and put me on ignore? It really would be the simplest options. 

And as for your requests I'll politely decline. Apart from the free Beer, I'll take you up on that. :) 

And having just read your last line I feel sorry that you've lost good mates. I really am. 

I'll leave it at that. 

Edited by trigger_andy