Covid-19

Ratman

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

I'm not sure where everyone is going to go on holiday, Europe are way behind us on vaccinations, will they open up to UK residents who have had the jab(s)?

That said I did here the Balearic and Canary isles have asked the Spanish government if they can open up to UK residents who've had the Jab(s).

As for UK holidays everywhere will be packed, just after Boris' announcement today I tried to book on to a UK campsite for a couple of weeks. Both the main sites Caravan and Camping Club and the Caravan and Motorhome Club sites had crashed due to volume of traffic. When I eventually got on to one of them I was number 3019 in the booking queue😂

Hmm. I have a very nice 5 acre field in the countryside which could be a lovely campsite.

13 minutes ago, Peasgood said:

Hmm. I have a very nice 5 acre field in the countryside which could be a lovely campsite.

Get it passed as a five van site known as certified sites or certified locations depending on which club it is affiliated with. No council permission needed.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, muttley9050 said:
26 minutes ago, Peasgood said:

You get 28 days a year with no planning permission. Could be a good earner if you can get some toilets and showers.

I think it might actually be 56 days at the moment

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, muttley9050 said:
16 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:
A CS or a CL can operate 365 days a year, no restrictions. The 28 day rule is the longest anyone can stay before moving on.

But you would need planning permission for a permanent site. You can't just turn any field into a permanent year round camp site can you?

*laughs in Gypsy*

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, muttley9050 said:
21 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:
A CS or a CL can operate 365 days a year, no restrictions. The 28 day rule is the longest anyone can stay before moving on.

But you would need planning permission for a permanent site. You can't just turn any field into a permanent year round camp site can you?

2 minutes ago, Peasgood said:
WWW.PITCHUP.COM

A guide to planning permission and licences needed to set up a campsite, glamping site or caravan park in Britain, 28-day...

Join a forum called Motorhome fun, Jim the owner will explain all the rules and he helps people set up 5 van sites. Don't rush into replying as you only get 5 free posts then it's £15/year to join, if you are serious about this the £15 membership will save you time and money.

If you use the same username I'll tag Jim into the post.