Opico Skidster or sherpa mini loaders

swinny

On 25/02/2022 at 18:18, doobin said:

It’s been a busy day, she’s worked her little socks off and the e19 has had a beasting too. As for the poor ms461..🙀

B4309E1D-4DEC-4FF0-B102-6C3DDE6BD8F4.jpeg

What length are those ramps you are using to clear the stairs? 2.5 - 3m? Now in the process of putting together all the other things I want and a decent set of ramps is one of them - My trailer has a floor of just over 70cm...sadly not enough cash or garage space to buy a nice little machine trailer just for the sherpa...yet. 

3 minutes ago, Dilz said:

What length are those ramps you are using to clear the stairs? 2.5 - 3m? Now in the process of putting together all the other things I want and a decent set of ramps is one of them - My trailer has a floor of just over 70cm...sadly not enough cash or garage space to buy a nice little machine trailer just for the sherpa...yet. 

Those are the 12' set, but normally we use the 10' for loading as they fit in the truck body nicely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dilz said:

Just done the maths and I reckon its going to need at least 3m ramps to load up onto my trailer with out it scraping its arse 

I load my Iveco tipper with 3m/10’ ramps no bother. It’s a good size to have for garden walls etc. You’d get away with 8’ for a trailer I reckon but I’d stick with 10’. 

• Like 1

Pulled not the plug but the trigger as they say (edit).... today and told the seller I'll buy the Sherpa Agri -getting it with the timber grab  and 76cm volume bucket and an extra set of  medium grass wheels - its the  idea the minute to keep the machines size under 90cm most gates and side entrances are about that around here.

I think there is a risk that the medium grass wheels will be useless on wet slopes and mud but the aim is to buy the wider trac profile tires along with some other attachments later in the year if the machine proves to be showing its worth investing more in. 

Hopefully will have the machine picked up in a couple of weeks...  Was out quoting this afternoon and already the brain is seeing ways in which I can use the machine maybe not to save necessarily time but certainly effort / man power.   14m twin stem lime to fell with  80m drag up a slope (not too steep but steep and far enough for it to be a reet pita doing it with the arb trolley) - perfect!  Small trees to take down in a really tight inner garden with narrow access - mini chipper and the volume bucket - 15 lapsed leggy maple pollards  to re-pollard - client wants everything over 10cm cutting into 30cm firewood -  bundle it up with the timber grab and saw away - the rest chipped and spread around the borders. No problem - chip by the trees straight into the bucket spread it about.

I reckon anyone who asks for a quote of me over the next few weeks and there is even a remote possibility that I can find a use for the loader on it is likely to get a very good price ... 

Edited by Dilz
  • Like 3

Just now, Dilz said:

Pulled the plug today and told the seller I'll buy the Sherpa Agri -getting it with the timber grab  and 76cm volume bucket and an extra set of  medium grass wheels - its the  idea the minute to keep the machines size under 90cm most gates and side entrances are about that around here.

I think there is a risk that the medium grass wheels will be useless on wet slopes and mud but the aim is to buy the wider trac profile tires along with some other attachments later in the year if the machine proves to be showing its worth investing more in. 

Hopefully will have the machine picked up in a couple of weeks...  Was out quoting this afternoon and already the brain is seeing ways in which I can use the machine maybe not to save necessarily time but certainly effort / man power.   14m twin stem lime to fell with  80m drag up a slope (not too steep but steep and far enough for it to be a reet pita doing it with the arb trolley) - perfect!  Small trees to take down in a really tight inner garden with narrow access - mini chipper and the volume bucket - 15 lapsed leggy maple pollards  to re-pollard - client wants everything over 10cm cutting into 30cm firewood -  bundle it up with the timber grab and saw away - the rest chipped and spread around the borders. No problem - chip by the trees straight into the bucket spread it about.

I reckon anyone who asks for a quote of me over the next few weeks and there is even a remote possibility that I can find a use for the loader on it is likely to get a very good price ... 

Pulled the trigger is the phrase you were looking for I think.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Pulled the trigger is the phrase you were looking for I think.

yep that would be the one...well...I managed to forget what the English word was for a clearing saw this morning....12.5 years an expat...can scoff down pickled herring whilst drinking  schnapps like a true native.

Edited by Dilz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Dilz said:

Pulled not the plug but the trigger as they say (edit).... today and told the seller I'll buy the Sherpa Agri -getting it with the timber grab  and 76cm volume bucket and an extra set of  medium grass wheels - its the  idea the minute to keep the machines size under 90cm most gates and side entrances are about that around here.

You won't need to do cheap quotes. Do them at normal price and you'll be done by 1pm without a sore back.

If you're thinking about the extra wheels, try to get them now. Big shortages on the wheels and the tyres- making them part of the deal might mean you can actually get hold of them.

I've not tried the Agri, but the Small has the larger wheel motors and electric start, seems well worth the extra to me.

Edited by doobin
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Dilz said:

yep that would be the one...well...I managed to forget what the English word was for a clearing saw this morning....12.5 years an expat...can scoff down pickled herring whilst drinking  schnapps like a true native.

Ironically, pulling the plug means the exact opposite of what you meant to say! Gotta love English.

Edited by doobin

1 hour ago, doobin said:

You won't need to do cheap quotes. Do them at normal price and you'll be done by 1pm without a sore back.

If you're thinking about the extra wheels, try to get them now. Big shortages on the wheels and the tyres- making them part of the deal might mean you can actually get hold of them.

I've not tried the Agri, but the Small has the larger wheel motors and electric start, seems well worth the extra to me.

Its the last machine the guy has in stock from his autumn shipment last year  and its the ex demo so the price difference i got between that and the new from the factory small covered more than the cost of the timber grab. Its seems a fair few folk have the agri for domestic tree work. The honda engine  easy enough to turn over but extra wheel power would be good.  but as i dont do ground works i don't feel i need the extra power to shove into piles of sand ect...saying that it managed fine messing about in my back yard shoveling topsoil and gravel about and its the only sherpa ive driven so i dont know any better 😃Hadnt thought about extra waiting time on wheels...ive tried haggling in 3 sets but its started getting a bit much right now. He has sorted out some decent 10' ramps which i get a decent discount as ill pick them up from the manufacturer on my way to pick up the machine and have agreed to pick up some extra ramps he has ordered himself. 

• Like 2