Opico Skidster or sherpa mini loaders

swinny

What’s wrong with the trailer? My Sherpa is a perfect fit in the 750kg trailer like that. It’s ideal if you need to take it to site to collect a load of something- leaves the truck free for the muck. Or if you need the Sherpa but also need to take materials. 
Just looks very lightweight and fragile for the machine imo.
I got a 2nd hand ivor williams, which when it's ratcheted down feels really solid. I can also fit some logs or grinder on if needed. It is a pig to move on your own though (double axel), which won't be a problem for Mark.
I also sometimes rent a tracked grinder which weighs over 1t so needed the extra capacity.
Spending 13k on a machine I wanted something reliable to transport it on.
J.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jfc said:

Just looks very lightweight and fragile for the machine imo.
I got a 2nd hand ivor williams, which when it's ratcheted down feels really solid. I can also fit some logs or grinder on if needed. It is a pig to move on your own though (double axel), which won't be a problem for Mark.
I also sometimes rent a tracked grinder which weighs over 1t so needed the extra capacity.
Spending 13k on a machine I wanted something reliable to transport it on.
J.

I have everything from recovery trailer to tri axle tipper and multiple plant trailers, but a lightweight 750kg trailer is perfect for a 550kg loader in my book. 

• Like 1

I have everything from recovery trailer to tri axle tipper and multiple plant trailers, but a lightweight 750kg trailer is perfect for a 550kg loader in my book. 
That sounds great!
Unfortunately I have limited storage space so need a trailer that will serve several purposes.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Parker said:

Changing the subject slightly, has anyone done or know of an approved training course / certification for a mini skid steer (worky quad etc)?

The law I believe says training so for my tracked loader we had a local cscs/npors trainer out for the day having previously sent him the manual and showed him how it worked with forks ,bucket skip etc they then gave me certificate of training. There is no approved course for chariot style loaders tracked or wheeled but I’m sure someone needing money will come up with one 

technically you can do it yourself 

Edited by dumper
Spelling
  • Like 1

Given how I've seen some employees at other companies just jump on an avant, nearly tip the machine, get it stuck and then when they finally manage to pick up a couple of sticks smash them through clients windows - a spot of training wouldn't be such a bad idea... but with the Sherpa - It says don't operate unless you have read the manual in full. and the manual is to be kept with the machine at all times in the tube - and it pretty much covers all you need to know about proper safe operation / driving on slopes, loading on trailers, etc. So by that I reckon you can do it all in-house - i.e your employees read the manual and then sign a sheet saying they have read and fully understand it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dilz said:

Given how I've seen some employees at other companies just jump on an avant, nearly tip the machine, get it stuck and then when they finally manage to pick up a couple of sticks smash them through clients windows - a spot of training wouldn't be such a bad idea... but with the Sherpa - It says don't operate unless you have read the manual in full. and the manual is to be kept with the machine at all times in the tube - and it pretty much covers all you need to know about proper safe operation / driving on slopes, loading on trailers, etc. So by that I reckon you can do it all in-house - i.e your employees read the manual and then sign a sheet saying they have read and fully understand it. 

With the Avants/Multione the grab you use, and how it affects balance/steering/maneouvering wood is more important than the actual machine.

• Like 1

Very true -  I'd figure any sort of training would need to involve moving with a load, and indeed unloaded - more so with a stand on skid steer where the driver is the majority of the counterweight.