Opico Skidster or sherpa mini loaders

swinny

Just write a mail asking about swapping out the normal 76cm bucket for the grab bucket. Figure both the grab bucket and timber grab will have me covered for everything I do as I can use the grab bucket as a normal bucket if I put the sides on. 

Just now, Dilz said:

Just write a mail asking about swapping out the normal 76cm bucket for the grab bucket. Figure both the grab bucket and timber grab will have me covered for everything I do as I can use the grab bucket as a normal bucket if I put the sides on. 

It doesn’t hold a lot of volume is the only thing. That’s the 76cm high capacity bucket we were using today. 

• Like 1

Yeah I can see how the high capacity bucket is the way to go for moving any serious amounts of dirt / or especially when  chipping into it - I can load more in my wheelbarrow than the standard 76cm bucket but I shifted a few tonnes of soil in no time with it but it was just a lot of trips, so wore a bit of a path on my lawn. 

just checked with the dealer and he has a high volume bucket in - so its just a question which I would find more useful - the grab bucket of the high volume bucket. Doing mostly just tree work possibly the grab bucket seems the way to go - choices choices. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dilz said:

What would you go for if you were only allowed one attachment mate?

That’s the problem I can see with these machines - too many bloody useful options!

6 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

That’s the problem I can see with these machines - too many bloody useful options!

For me? if I had to choose only one....I haven't used the grapple bucket but that seems the most diverse..but would have to use one to commit to just that. 

But based just on what I have used and for and the situations I have used it in- for tree work - moving brash and logs about the timber grab gets my vote. Id say timber grab and a bucket you have most things covered. The only issue with the timber grab I found is when its small stuff its more faff to load the grab than a grapple bucket or manure forks...but can just chuck everything in a bag and lift it out I guess.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

We have not gone down the multiple attachment route with our Avant. I think about it often but find a simple set of pallet forks is fantastic. I have not used so can not be sure but not sure you need to grab often. 

Maybe an owner operator it would be more productive, but we already find when the  Avant is onsite the operator gets stuck to the seat and will often spend longer fannying about then doing it by man power.

The thought of loading the chipper and the likely damage if they had a grab and it would likely result in with  one man watching the stop bar while another rams it with the grab just frightens me.

3 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

We have not gone down the multiple attachment route with our Avant. I think about it often but find a simple set of pallet forks is fantastic. I have not used so can not be sure but not sure you need to grab often. 

Maybe an owner operator it would be more productive, but we already find when the  Avant is onsite the operator gets stuck to the seat and will often spend longer fannying about then doing it by man power.

The thought of loading the chipper and the likely damage if they had a grab and it would likely result in with  one man watching the stop bar while another rams it with the grab just frightens me.

You’re having a laugh? Just using pallet forks with an articulated loader is like being married to Margot Robbie and just kissing her on the cheek before bed.

0F3853DB-900A-44AF-9B22-A4655E07AAE5.jpeg

1811B670-4DAA-40DE-8F41-FBA5CBE5F657.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

all avant and bigger loaders I have used have just had big muck forks on them. I wouldn't feed a normal chipper with an avant... a digger / tractor with a fully articulated arm and a timber grab and a big ass Vermeer or Bandit  or a big ass drum chipper is a joy to have on big sites But yeah can't let numptys play with such toys.