Opico Skidster or sherpa mini loaders

swinny

On 19/01/2022 at 08:17, Hayskid96 said:

I have used a Sherpa a few times, as much as I was impressed, I heard good things about the Worky so I gave it a go - I found better balance with the worky and ticked more boxes, totally more refined than the Sherpa, but each to their own opinions isnt it. I know all attachments are always built by third party and badged up, similarly how my Avant is. I demo'd the smallest unit, SSQ11+, Im debating to upgrading to the larger engined worky to run a stumpy, or just keep to my current setup. I will definitely be buying one, and it will be the worky. 

10 days in and update for you all, been keeping an eye on the chatter here since, handy about advice on loading and things so appreciate that. Had it out on mainly little landscaping jobs and small lumps and been a dream. Dont come home and sleep straight away anymore😂did have a fair sized oak tree to do, one enormous help is this lifting well over 200kg, can keep it much larger sections (less cutting with the huskie too) and get more money down the mill. Alongside massive labour help, paying its way there too. Power on the auger really shocked me too, knocking out holes so much faster and already have friends in the industry asking to use it. I got the smallest worky and paid extra for 'skinny' tyres to get through a gate without having to breathe in. 

Anybody on the fence looking to make the plunge, all i'd say is I wish I had this sooner. Good service from the dealer too. 

Will update at later date when i've learnt more tricks!

4755d3a3-c9d1-48dd-8627-3e8df292c4ad.JPG

brush moving 2.JPG

• Like 3

Out working alongside the grapple saw today Got the logs from a couple of birch we took down dropped off at my place for eventual processing and to see how the agri does moving some bigger bits. Took a couple of nose dives......but moved it in no time...and no effort. 

Seller/rental came back with some options for leasing...seemingly affordable but the t&c's left alot to be desired (via a 3rd party finance company) - also think that the sherpa small is the way to go. Not so keen on the fact that there is no security / key / lock on the agri...so its going back to the hire company tomorrow..☹️.. though my mind is made up on deffinatley wanting such a machine...the agri / small or workyquad sq11 type, (especially after finding out another mate has just jacked it all in because his back has properly gone).... just got to figure out a better way of financing it...or save up lots of pennies.

IMG_20220210_141826_4.jpg

IMG_20220210_163634_8.jpg

IMG_20220210_161717_0.jpg

Edited by Dilz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Will C said:
1 hour ago, Dilz said:

Out working alongside the grapple saw today Got the logs from a couple of birch we took down dropped off at my place for eventual processing and to see how the agri does moving some bigger bits. Took a couple of nose dives......but moved it in no time...and no effort. 

Seller/rental came back with some options for leasing...seemingly affordable but the t&c's left alot to be desired (via a 3rd party finance company) - also think that the sherpa small is the way to go. Not so keen on the fact that there is no security / key / lock on the agri...so its going back to the hire company tomorrow..☹️.. though my mind is made up on deffinatley wanting such a machine...the agri / small or workyquad sq11 type, (especially after finding out another mate has just jacked it all in because his back has properly gone).... just got to figure out a better way of financing it...or save up lots of pennies.

IMG_20220210_141826_4.jpg

IMG_20220210_163634_8.jpg

IMG_20220210_161717_0.jpg

Don’t lease. Hire purchase so that you own it at the end. Five years finance at 2.3% flat rate is what I’m doing. 

there’s no security as such on the key start model either. It’s just a generic Honda ignition, you could start it with a screwdriver. 

Edited by doobin
  • Like 1

My biggest issue with the lease is if i choose / need to sell it before the lease is up.... also lots of small print like we reserve the right to adjust monthly repayments gets my back up... there is the  option to buy at the end of the lease with a final payment.

Leases are easier to get than a loan, because as you point out, you’re effectively renting it till you’ve paid it off. So if you default, they take it, less risk for them.

Banks seem to love lease deals, they steer you towards them as I think they make more commission, only organising a loan when you insist.

Just my 2c

Edited by Mick Dempsey