Opico Skidster or sherpa mini loaders

swinny

Not masses of experience with the machine but it will go up a 30degree incline but like all loaders you only want to be driving straight up and down not turning etc. Its a skid steer so unless its super dry compacted or is frozen you can damage lawns if you aren't careful.... with the medium tractor profile tiers i ripped my lawn up a fair bit - two weeks later its only really the low wet part that i had to drive back and forth over maybe 15-20 times that looks pretty bad. As soon as it warms up and the grass gets going you won't notice most of it.  
30 degrees is more than I expected for such a short machine.

7 minutes ago, echoechoecho said:
29 minutes ago, Dilz said:
Not masses of experience with the machine but it will go up a 30degree incline but like all loaders you only want to be driving straight up and down not turning etc. Its a skid steer so unless its super dry compacted or is frozen you can damage lawns if you aren't careful.... with the medium tractor profile tiers i ripped my lawn up a fair bit - two weeks later its only really the low wet part that i had to drive back and forth over maybe 15-20 times that looks pretty bad. As soon as it warms up and the grass gets going you won't notice most of it.  

Read more  

30 degrees is more than I expected for such a short machine.

Thats what it says in the manual can't say I've driven it up such a steep slope - had it on maybe 20 degeress on ramps - the dealer only had one long ramp and one short - the machine tipped on 3 wheels - he didn't seem fussed and kept driving it up..biggest issue with a steeper angle on ramps was that the footplate hits the ground... 

16 minutes ago, Dilz said:

are those the wide or medium grass wheels you have on there? I have a wee chipper myself and that looks like a handy set up. 

Wide. It's brilliant, we just took the chipper in and out on the pallet forks.

It's just so easy to stand the chipper at the base of the felled tree and work upwards, feeding all the branches straight into the chipper. So much more efficient than dragging out to a road tow, even with those size trees. Two of us had those two Leylandii in the photos above out through the access below in a reasonably easy day, with one extra truck trip that I called in off another job for the big timber. It's such a more pleasant way to work, and I reckon the Sherpa and wee chipper cost about the same as a decent road tow.

@AHPP- pincers in action. 

C522F5F4-6484-40D3-9534-804F48DBE9FA.jpeg

Edited by doobin
  • Like 3

On 22/02/2022 at 16:12, Dilz said:

This is simple user error.

You are meant to trash other peoples lawns, not your own!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mark Bolam said:

This is simple user error.

You are meant to trash other peoples lawns, not your own!

10 minutes ago, doobin said:

It's just so easy to stand the chipper at the base of the felled tree and work upwards, feeding all the branches straight into the chipper. So much more efficient than dragging out to a road tow, even with those size trees.

C522F5F4-6484-40D3-9534-804F48DBE9FA.jpeg

Whats the width of the machine with those tires on? over 1m by the looks of it.  

1 minute ago, Dilz said:

Whats the width of the machine with those tires on? over 1m by the looks of it.  

Just under. 99cm. I know because I had to measure for those ramps, I was sure it wouldn't fit and I'd have to go up the wall instead but happily the board lifted the ramps just enough to clear the steps below. I love it when a plan comes together. Going back to dig out and remove the stumps and dirt at some point.

• Like 2

It's just so easy to stand the chipper at the base of the felled tree and work upwards, feeding all the branches straight into the chipper. So much more efficient than dragging out to a road tow, even with those size trees. Two of us had those two Leylandii in the photos above out through the access below in a reasonably easy day, with one extra truck trip that I called in off another job for the big timber. It's such a more pleasant way to work, and I reckon the Sherpa and wee chipper cost about the same as a decent road tow.

C522F5F4-6484-40D3-9534-804F48DBE9FA.thumb.jpeg.cd2e9c13958ccd9db5038d7cbe1d94a0.jpeg

Excellent. I trust performing as hoped? I saw it when you made the conversion and thought it was a neat solution.