New Addition

5 shires

22 minutes ago, 5 shires said:

Thanks for that Dave yes and being the shooting season now and hopefully some nice snowy evenings with the lads sat by there log burner,open fire,Arger etc with a tipple then get on Arbtalk and read a little piece on how a little puppy working sprocker is doing will hopefully make a nice change to some of the bickering what sometimes goes on in some posts,so fingers crossed that I can make it interesting and with some good opinions and observations coming in,but I won’t over egg the budding and make it boring by posting stuff every week,I think once a fortnight may do unless there is something worth posting.??

Plenty pictures cos they grow fast:thumbup:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 5 shires said:

Thanks for that Dave yes and being the shooting season now and hopefully some nice snowy evenings with the lads sat by there log burner,open fire,Arger etc with a tipple then get on Arbtalk and read a little piece on how a little puppy working sprocker is doing will hopefully make a nice change to some of the bickering what sometimes goes on in some posts,so fingers crossed that I can make it interesting and with some good opinions and observations coming in,but I won’t over egg the budding and make it boring by posting stuff every week,I think once a fortnight may do unless there is something worth posting.??

Keep on doing what you're doing Fiver ? I likes it here on this one ?

1 hour ago, Silverhooker said:

Yeah mate keep us posted, plenty pics as a pic speaks a thousand words, and my typing is slow and crap ?.

54 minutes ago, roboted said:

Keep on doing what you're doing Fiver ? I likes it here on this one ?

3 hours ago, gary112 said:

Plenty pictures cos they grow fast:thumbup:

Thank Guys and will do,I’ll post some more photographs next few days cause as said they grow very fast.??

• Like 2

On 12/11/2019 at 21:28, Silverhooker said:

When he farts in the cab I wonder why I’m not a cat person ! Lol.

But what does he think when you fart in the cab ? We haven't had a dog since our collie died aged 18 but I still have a few dog bribes in my pocket for daughter's and grand daughter's dogs plus any that come close enough to fuss. My friend has two black Cockers.

Ha Ha it’s him who’s doing the farting,silent but deadly ones...Anyway my Ranger is in haveing a new steering coupling fitted so good timing as the rain was biblical here yesterday so could do nothing work wise so went to see a job up in Coventry which was a nightmare.

so with time on my hands for a couple of hours I decided to start buying some new training equipment for when Weaver is ready (yes I know he’s only 13weeks and I won’t be doing any intense stuff for a good while yet but just excited I guess).so brought 4 new dummies,3 canvas and one rabbit,as my old one we’re just to far gone,already had the donkken pheasant one which is still in good useable condition,cleaned off the dummie launcher but got new teal dummie,had the bag a couple of years but never used it so all good there,new portable drinking bowl and most Important the cut/wound cream which is a great addition to any working dog kit(it also works on humans)?

Anyway here are a few photographs and I managed to take one of Weaver.

Starting to get some kit together exspenive stuff so little bits at a time

6DC4E4DB-4861-4394-BC68-068B5B2AD360.thumb.jpeg.926c666894f1eb4f5311357d2e15093c.jpeg

7837EEBE-CC05-47CB-A289-685F8C770B16.thumb.jpeg.5d53d476f0a7b787daea833dcd4aa957.jpeg

46AA89AA-581C-47FB-BBA7-7F7130D74C09.thumb.jpeg.6920a6fa5df3965bcedc0d14c0da1dc6.jpeg

Weaver doing really well have introduced him to the whistles just now and again and he’s already responding( I use 2 whistles,standard to return,side to side and back but Acme ref whistle with pea removed for sit and stay.

EB6E7957-0C6C-41FB-A4EF-18E629658E8C.thumb.jpeg.df29e5775794f60aa3d4da24cdc0fd41.jpeg

Edited by 5 shires
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, roboted said:

I'm interested that you're using two whistles, I did that many ,many, many  years ago. I fear that it would be somewhat impractical with three of them. The possibilities of self strangulation would be high ! 

Yea . I use an Acme 211 1/2 . One long blast for stop .   Continuous bep,bep....bep,bep....bep,bep.... for return . She quarters pretty much on her own .  

1 hour ago, Stubby said:

Yea . I use an Acme 211 1/2 . One long blast for stop .   Continuous bep,bep....bep,bep....bep,bep.... for return . She quarters pretty much on her own .  

Pretty much same as. Three for return, two for attention with hand signal if necessary and one for stop/sit. As you Acme, 210, 210 1/2, 211 1/2. Mind when I've found the right whistle for the right dog events have usually unfolded and it's too late ?

• Like 1