New Addition

5 shires

4 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Plus keeping bits of raw tripe in my pocket does not go down too well at the knitting circle ?

Are got ya there,I have got Weaver the tripe sticks which I break into small pieces,don’t make so much mess in your trousers pockets.??

• Haha 1

Just now, Mark Bolam said:

Big fan of short sessions where you can see they are still interested in learning, then end it, have a break and let them have a fun walk and be a pup.

This . And try to end it on a positive . You can sense when to stop . 

• Like 3

Cracking little dog fiver, pleased to see that you're back out in the field Mr Bolam and Stubby how true that is.

I've got Springers 6,7 and 8 at the moment (Pup 4yrs, Mum 9yrs and Granny aka "Doris" 13 yrs).

Everyone has been brought up and trained differently but around the same theme. Their aim in life is to make me happy, mine to make sure that they're happy (if that makes any sense ! ) To me field work is more about harnessing natural ability than training coupled with basic obedience.

Everyone trains there dogs differently, but I firmly believe that when things go wrong (as they will !) chastisement should only ever be verbal not the "come here you black and white tw@t", at the top of your voice  but a change of tone and calming down period after said event. To finish on a high note, circumstances permitting is a given !

I could rattle on for hours about Spaniels and their character and how I adapted to them. Note "How I Adapted To Them." To get the best out of them in the task of the day, to give them the maximum enjoyment is to make me happy and satisfied. At the end of the day, each to their own regarding training but I can say without any fear of contradiction that my dogs love their life and what they do ? 

IMG_1598.JPG

Edited by roboted
Typo in case the spellig police are out there
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, roboted said:

Cracking little dog fiver, pleased to see that you're back out in the field Mr Bolam and Stubby how true that is.

I've got Springers 6,7 and 8 at the moment (Pup 4yrs, Mum 9yrs and Granny aka "Doris" 13 yrs).

Everyone has been brought up and trained differently but around the same theme. Their aim in life is to make me happy, mine to make sure that they're happy (if that makes any sense ! ) To me field work is more about harnessing natural ability than training coupled with basic obedience.

Everyone trains there dogs differently, but I firmly believe that when things go wrong (as they will !) chastisement should only ever be verbal not the "come here you black and white tw@t", at the top of your voice  but a change of tone and calming down period after said event. To finish on a high note, circumstances permitting is a given !

I could rattle on for hours about Spaniels and their character and how I adapted to them. Note "How I Adapted To Them." To get the best out of them in the task of the day, to give them the maximum enjoyment is to make me happy and satisfied. At the end of the day, each to their own regarding training but I can say without any fear of contradiction that my dogs love their life and what they do ? 

IMG_1598.JPG

3 hours ago, roboted said:

IMG_1598.JPG

This and This..I think this isn’t going to be a good thread like I knew it would be and hope I can do it justice and make it a good little option to read and keep up with,like I said in previous post i’am not in the same class as my old mate silky when it comes to posting photographs and wording but will do my best to make it interesting and bring more people into it,and so far it’s looking good with lots of really good comments.??

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5 shires said:

This and This..I think this isn’t going to be a good thread like I knew it would be and hope I can do it justice and make it a good little option to read and keep up with,like I said in previous post i’am not in the same class as my old mate silky when it comes to posting photographs and wording but will do my best to make it interesting and bring more people into it,and so far it’s looking good with lots of really good comments.??

Keep it going mate, you're doing fine. Nice to see a thread that hasn't the nastiness as some of the other ones have generated into. A "feel good" thread for a change. Lots of the blokes on here are dog men and will enjoy watching your progress with the pup. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, David Cropper said:

Keep it going mate, you're doing fine. Nice to see a thread that hasn't the nastiness as some of the other ones have generated into. A "feel good" thread for a change. Lots of the blokes on here are dog men and will enjoy watching your progress with the pup. 

Thanks for that Dave yes and being the shooting season now and hopefully some nice snowy evenings with the lads sat by there log burner,open fire,Arger etc with a tipple then get on Arbtalk and read a little piece on how a little puppy working sprocker is doing will hopefully make a nice change to some of the bickering what sometimes goes on in some posts,so fingers crossed that I can make it interesting and with some good opinions and observations coming in,but I won’t over egg the budding and make it boring by posting stuff every week,I think once a fortnight may do unless there is something worth posting.??

• Like 3