How can we revitalise this forum?

wisewood

Perhaps many ordinary Arb types who fancy having a bit of a play with chainsaw carving see the incredible work of some of the dedicated artists and feel that it would be not worth posting basic pieces on here ..... bit like comparing vids of large takedowns etc with a nice bit of hedge topping / trimming [emoji16]
Valid point, but on the whole we carvers are a friendly bunch and are not in the business of piss taking unless we know you well enough to take it.
I think some posts on tools and techniques would go down well.
I have several YouTube vids on different tools that available from Rob at Chainsawbars
  • Like 3

I've seen people use the word p*ki, n*gger and I've been called a limp wristed lefty remoaner c*nt. In the last couple of months.

I can imagine that people who just want to chat about carving bears etc would be put off by that.

I'd prefer more bear carving.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Toad said:

I've seen people use the word p*ki, n*gger and I've been called a limp wristed lefty remoaner c*nt. In the last couple of months.

I can imagine that people who just want to chat about carving bears etc would be put off by that.

You should really have reported the above 

• Like 1

This really gets to me.
Half my family is black,
My good neighbours are Pakistani,
I employ muslims, christians, Hindus, rastas,sikhs etc
Black,brown yellow green etc
All decent hardworking folk.
As long as you can do the job, I really don't care what gender/religion/race etc.
I really love Arbtalk, but I honestly wonder why swearing gets had up occasionally, but outright racism is acceptable????
Thankfully Mateless has been banned.
I understand that moderating a forum of this scope is a huge undertaking though.
I think a few pm's to a few on here would calm things down a bit.
[emoji106]

So Wisewood when are you posting more bear photos in the chainsaw carving thread?
[emoji12][emoji106]
  • Like 6

Just now, Rough Hewn said:

This really gets to me.
Half my family is black,
My good neighbours are Pakistani,
I employ muslims, christians, Hindus, rastas,sikhs etc
Black,brown yellow green etc
All decent hardworking folk.
As long as you can do the job, I really don't care what gender/religion/race etc.
I really love Arbtalk, but I honestly wonder why swearing gets had up occasionally, but outright racism is acceptable????
Thankfully Mateless has been banned.
I understand that moderating a forum of this scope is a huge undertaking though.
I think a few pm's to a few on here would calm things down a bit.
emoji106.png

So Wisewood when are you posting more bear photos in the chainsaw carving thread?
emoji12.pngemoji106.png

I don’t recall hearing any of the racist words used above

8 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

I don't understand why the site allows such words, can it not be done automatically...I am sure on some forums I have visited swearing is just not possible unless you use the wrong spelling, this must also apply to racist words to.

2 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

I don’t recall hearing any of the racist words used above

Steve , all you have to do is type one of the racist words into the search box and hey presto .

2 minutes ago, Woodlover said:

I don't understand why the site allows such words, can it not be done automatically...I am sure on some forums I have visited swearing is just not possible unless you use the wrong spelling, this must also apply to racist words to.

Steve , all you have to do is type one of the racist words into the search box and hey presto .

It can be: and always used to be on the old site. I just hoped everyone has grown up enough that it wasn’t necessary. Obviously not.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

In future I shall.

I know it's a hard job to run and moderate a forum, I've done both and I'm grateful to you and the moderators for providing this forum and the work that goes into it to keep it running. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1